Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind using a combat hold for shooting up to 10 yards but things get increasingly frustrating shooting at targets at 25 yards and out. When shooting at distance targets are basically being covered by my front post. I've heard people shooting their G17s with target holds using HD sights but for the life of me can't really understand how that even works considering I continuously hit low when testing it. Am I the only one that is dealing with this or is this something that other people have encountered with the HD sights.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
I had a similar situation. I changed the height of my front sight, and now I can shoot using a 6 o’clock hold.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,096 Posts
Text Font Logo Line Graphics
I don't mind using a combat hold for shooting up to 10 yards but things get increasingly frustrating shooting at targets at 25 yards and out. When shooting at distance targets are basically being covered by my front post. I've heard people shooting their G17s with target holds using HD sights but for the life of me can't really understand how that even works considering I continuously hit low when testing it. Am I the only one that is dealing with this or is this something that other people have encountered with the HD sights.
Competed and carry tricijon hd sights on (7) Glocks.

I do not use the Combat Sight picture, suggest change sights or develop a different sight picture.

I use the reference #2 for the past 50 years and do not have the problem you outline.

·
Florist
22,428 Posts
I also use the reference #2 sight picture.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,096 Posts
Added info to the OP, I have used .70 wide fronts and .100, I believe the Hds are now .140 wide. I’m using Tricijons suggestions on height of rear and front sight combos.

25 yard shots in GSSF, 35 yard targets in Steel Challenge and 47 yard shots on ground hogs.
I usually competed with a Glock 26, 17 or 30s.....the Ground Hogs usually found me with a 26 handy.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Trijicon did not change their sight picture for Gen5 glocks like Glock itself and Ameriglo did. Not my intention to be accusatory, but maybe you have some dipping and anticipation when shooting? If that’s not at all an issue then look at front sight height.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had the same issue and changed from HD sights to thinner .125" 10-8 sights front and rear. This allows me to see what I want to hit @25Y and have a finer point of aim. The U notch rear also speeds up sight picture acquisition. Well at least for me.

https://www.10-8performance.com/glock-front-sight-all-styles/

Good Luck!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Did you go with .140” rear notch or .156”?

I’m thinking of trying the .125 front with .140 rear.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
On my Glock 48, I went from Ameriglo Bold .200 to .165 front sight height and that solved my shooting low problem.

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
Never had a problem with Trijicon's HD on my G19X, I do the combat hold at those distances and I can hit a 6x6 metal with no problems.

The only problem I had it's that my front sight screw got loose after 6K rounds!
Now I carry a Glock sight tool on my range bag!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.