Trijicon HD night sights!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Kodabear, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Kodabear

Kodabear

Just put a set of Trijicon HD night sights w/orange front sight on the g20 based on some research 1. They are nice for older eyes(front sight focus)
    2. Nice U shaped rear w/night sight and during daylight they are pretty much blacked out,which I like!
    Anyone else echo those thoughts and what are your experience’s with these sights?
    Thx’s KB.

2. Mrfixit2016

Mrfixit2016

I love mine on my G43 but I can’t stand them past 15 yards. I tried the HD XRs on my G45 and went back to a FO front and plain black rear. The G43 is still rocking the HDs though

3. Greeks.45

Greeks.45 Glock Man

Trijicon HD’s or HD XR’s are my favorite night sights. I also like the ameriglo i-dot pros, & XS Big Dots. I also run the oem or Trijicon 3 green dot tritium sights, and they work just fine.

2740dmx likes this.
  4. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I have them on my 43x. I have nothing bad to say about them.

whsbuss likes this.
  5. SAR

SAR CLM

I have them on a couple of my Glocks but hate how sharp the trailing edges are on the rear sight. I carry my Glocks IWB, and the rear sights tear my shirts and are abrasive on my skin. Otherwise they are great. As a compromise, I decided future sights will be Ameriglo Bolds. Similar sight picture, but smooth trailing edge and not sharp against my skin.

DennisW and 2740dmx like this.
  6. GlockXS

GlockXS

Trijicon HD XR’s are my go to sights, I’ve tried many others but always go back to Trijicon. I’m not sayin that the other sights were not good, just saying that Trijicon works best for me

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

7. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Love the sight picture.. hate the razor sharp edges on rear sight!

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  8. Lucnik

Lucnik

My rear sight edges were razor sharp. Had to take a file and smooth em down a bit. Touch up with black sharpie. All better now.

2740dmx and SAR like this.
  9. Barry581

Barry581

I've got a set on my 43, but like others I don't like the sharp edges on the rear sight. I may try to file them a bit. I do like the sight picture they provide, but wouldn't say I'm any more acute with them than I was with the stock sights.

10. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

I like them on my 19..

[​IMG]

11. Orive 8

Orive 8

My wife and I switched to the Trijicon HDs a few years back, we had been using the Warren Tacticals and found these more to our liking. I had them on the last couple of Gen 4 Front Serrations Glock 19s that I had. I still have them on my only remaining Glock, my grip reduced 26. My wife is still using them on her EDC Glock 26.

My Shadow Systems MR918s do not have them, but I like the sights that are on them and they are dialed in perfectly for me; so no changing.

12. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I like the sight picture but they didn’t work well with concealed carry for me. Rear sight is tall and has sharp edges, trashed two shirts. Also the lettering on rear sight rubbed off when I used a sight pusher to install.

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  13. Spartan24

Spartan24

HD XR’s are my sight of choice on my full size guns. My carry guns get Ameriglo Agents. Same concept, but the Agents seem a bit more “dehorned.”

14. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I first experienced the Trijicon HD night sights on a Gen 4 Glock 26 I purchased off Armslist. I like those sights quite a bit and yes, they really do wonders to draw the eye to the front sight. Any sights that I purchase these days will have an orange outline on the front sight due to that positive experience. I've noticed that the lime green outline on my P365 is just as effective.

15. Shel

Shel

I've got the Ameriglow Agent sights on my Glock 19.

They look nearly identical to the Trijicon HD... but they don't have the sharp edges.

I've been thrilled with them so far, after about a month's use.

I know that Ameriglow was bought out by Trijicon.. anyone know what the differences are between the HD's and the Agent sights? They seem pretty similar.

whsbuss likes this.
  16. Spartan24

Spartan24

Brand X vs. Brand Y

17. vmann

vmann Controller

I have both trijicon hd and ameriglo agents on multiple pistols....both are great, but I favor the ameriglo for the rear sight

18. tango44

tango44

I like the classics HD not the XR, the best option for old eyes!

19. Twombs

Twombs

The Trijicon HDs have long been my go to for handgun sights, having nearly a dozen sets, on various makes and models. I've used the XR version as well, and prefer the Standard HD's because of the larger amount of photo luminescent paint present on the HD's .144 front blade over the HD XR's Thinner .122 front blade.
    Recently I picked up a couple sets and noticed some changes as well as QC issues. The finish has changed, to a deeper black versus what my older sights appear to have almost like a black oxide finish. and the screen on lettering that almost always wipes off, has been changed to laser marking which is great! The newer HDs also use a longer front sight which is disappointing and to me a down grade over the original HD front sights.
    The issue I have ran into with my HD sights I picked up recently is that the quality control is iffy on the rear sight, in that there is an excessive amount of adhesive left over from installing the tritium vials in the serrated rear sight. I dropped Trijicon an email, with photos regarding the QC and adhesive issues on the new production rear sights, and was told to contact a phone number at Trijicon HQ, which has me worried its the "new normal" and they're all like that.
    I'm currently looking into getting a set of the new Glock GMS Night Sights that use a near identical Front and Rear width to the Trijicon HD series that I've enjoyed using so much.

tango44 likes this.