Trijicon files complaint about cheap Chinese knockoff (Holosun)

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Justamessenger, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

Lol, having financial priorities is an excuse? I guess even gun culture has its one percenters that have money to burn, lol.

2. fredj338

fredj338

No an excuse. Life is about balance. I know guys driving a $60k trucks & buy wolf ammo but wont reload. Not a 1% at all but I do understand economics & buying foreign to save a few $ cost someone a job here. So as I said, I try.

3. Jim2527

Jim2527

I go into the LGS and they have Glock knockoffs in the same showcase as Glocks. If I were the Glock rep I'd scold them and withhold product. I'd look into the biggest dealer and if they sold 'knock offs' or 80% lowers or whatever...it'd be a swift kick in the pants.

Good for Trijicon.

10or45 and Detectorist like this.
  4. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

Only it wasn’t really about knock offs. It was about profit margins and being beat to market with the Micro Red Dot by Holosun. Holosun’s mistake was using similar buttons. That’s it. Buttons.

That’s why Holosun is reverting back to its small button set up with zero change in technology and features Trijicon has yet to offer. Small victory indeed.

Then again, Trijicon needed a way to debut the RMRc without people seeing the 507k is just as good.

“Hey bro’s, gonna need you to pull your product off the market for a few months. Your sight will hurt our profit margins.”

5. Jose Yero

Jose Yero Cochiloco

Trijicon suffers from problems of its own making: miserably low value for money in a competitive marketplace. Retaliating against dealers who also offer higher value MRD options is not a sensible response. Trijicon needs to make a commitment to the segment of the market Holosun is currently devouring. They need to develop a product with a feature set that is attractive to the entry-mid level MRD consumer. If they can offer it at a competitive price and back it with a solid warranty, the whole "made in America" thing may tip the balance in their favor.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    ronin.45 likes this.
  6. Pete Perfection

Pete Perfection

There are videos on YouTube where holosun passed every torture test an aimpoint passed. My holosun has been awesome. Better glass than an aimpoint as well. It was $150 bucks to boot.

7. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

some of them are designed here but they are absolutely made in China.

8. Operator_AF

Operator_AF

While I am 100% in favor of buying American when possible, I think a number of American companies miss a large portion of the consumer market, especially in the industry of optics for firearms. Most 'normal' folks don't need to or can't spend Trijicon type of cash for an optic, but want something similar to it for whatever reason. I would like to see some American made optics that split the middle ground in price between the upper end stuff and cheaper stuff from the PRC.

Flashlights is another example. Look at flashlight companies from the PRC. They are innovating and developing new technologies where US made flashlights are expensive and pretty dull. And those PRC flashlights are well made now. I want my next flashlight to be a Prometheus, but that's an easy $300 for an 18650 light.

9. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

Look, I’d buy Trigicon because of their history and reputation for quality over a Holosun all day long…

“IF”....Their price was somewhere in the ballpark.

When you’re getting the same quality or very close to it for 1/3 of the price, only a fool buys the other.

10. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

I wish people would stop buying Trijicon RMR’s. I need to buy a couple more for my Glock 44’s and the prices have gone through the roof!

11. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

The ChiComs love to make Kopy Kat products.

American's. Buy, Ebay & Amazon allow it. Money 4them.

12. Pontoof

Pontoof

Sounds like a healthy competition in the marketplace. What is more American than that? Stimulates excellence.

Truck Fijicon.