Trijicon files complaint about cheap Chinese knockoff (Holosun)

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Justamessenger, Aug 5, 2020.

1. cciman

cciman MacGyver

Perhaps.
    That is the rumor-- same with Primary Arms.
    I forgot to mention Nikon, Burris, Leupold.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  2. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

3. Taz

Taz

They aren’t going after them because those companies did not violate Trijicon patents. Neither did the V1 Holosun from what I gather.

I agree that Trijicon sat on their asses and hasn’t developed anything new. Heck even the RMRcc is goofy with another unique footprint coming into a relatively established CCW market dominated by the RMSc, Romeo Zero and Holosun K series that’s sort of close to the 2 previous models.

Holosun should have read the IP better when they came up with the V2 systems. That’s not Trijicon bullying anyone. That’s Holosun screwing up, either honest error or purposeful who gives a poop mentality.

buster55 likes this.
  4. 10or45

10or45 NRA Benefactor Life Member

They are not even close to being in the same league.
    Hi quality American vs Chinese copy toys.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  5. 10or45

10or45 NRA Benefactor Life Member

I believe so as well.

6. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

Did you type your reply on your 100% American made electronic device? I would venture your electronic has Chinese parts in it. There's no such thing as Selective Patriotic Consumerism.

Not close? I stand by Sage's testing. No Holosun has failed at all. With Trijicon, only the RMR's passed. The SRO failed spectacularly, but that's not really a carry optic, so we can let that one go. Double the price tag doesn't mean better quality, that's not how that works.

Trijicon is getting outworked plan and simple, and not just by Holosun. Trijicon is the Glock of optics. Yeah, it works and is reliable, but hasn't really brought anything new to the table in a while. That's why Shield just landed the exclusive contract with Glock for their slim line MOS pistols.

Want the RMRcc on your SIG365? That will be extra because Trijicon is so full of itself it couldn't use the footprint for Micros that was already established, because they are late to the party.

So Trijicon can take a small victory lap until Holosun restocks the 507K v2 X2. Trijicon simps will buy the CC's as intended, but Holosun will continue to take some of that market as long as they keep making a quality product.

ronin.45, pgg00 and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  7. Crownline202

Crownline202

20200908_212245.jpg 20200908_210107.jpg 20200908_210319.jpg

FWIW, Got a 507c X2 last week as a warranty replacement of a 507c V1. The x2 looks a lot like the v1, but has battery tray on side like the v2.

Hopefully the 507k x2s will be shipping too! I've had a 507k on backorder for quite a while and don't even have a gun to put it on:eek:...yet

8. bigez1

bigez1

It get the buy american sentiment but the truth is Holosun is a better product at 50% of the price, is more innovative, and is listening to what the market wantw & delivering. I have a RMR and purchased a 507c. I have shot both a lot and I prefer the Holosun buy a wide margin. I have no performance advantage in the RMR. I was recently at a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor class and Aaron stated he had been in contact the head of Trijicon R&D. The entire LE community is asking for a RMR with a top loading battery so you don't have to take the optic off the gun to change battery and re-zero the optic. He was told its not even on the list of things R&D is working on. We tested several RDS over the last few months and the Holosun performed better across the board than any other for less money.

9. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

Careful bro. You can't let facts get in the way of Patriotism......you'll be labelled a "poor".

10. RLLangley

RLLangley

One thing I didn’t see mentioned. My Trijicon HD 3x is made in China. Looks like Trijicon is shipping some production overseas.

11. Kodiak Ken

Kodiak Ken Millennium Member

It's really pretty simple. Holosun, and others, stole the technology from Trijicon. If you want to support the lying, thieving basturds from china, well, shame on you. Buy American wherever and whenever possible and this country will proper.

12. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Well, except they didn't and everything was resolved.

13. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

Holosun "stole" the technology from Trijicon? You mean the 1970s LED technology that Aimpoint started? LOL.

I like Trijicon just fine but there's nothing they have and are manufacturing to be considered "high tech". Same thing with Aimpoint.

I don't have any Holosun or Chinese red dots yet, but that might be changing soon. Motion sensor activation/deactivation, solar panel power augmentation, switchable reticles, green reticle that doesn't suck the life out of batteries, titanium shell, hardened solid state circuitry...yeah, the Red Horde is coming.

Even Meprolight is coming out with red dots that will do round counts, USB rechargeable, programmable reticle choices and a bunch of other doodads instead of a simple dot. Innovate or die.

Out West, pgg00 and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  14. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

Good for you. Don't let the Fudds dissuade you. Pretty sure a Holosun will work the same on a communist. This was just Trijicon screwing around, because they were late to the Micro Red Dot party and Holosun beat them to market with a product just as well made for half the price. Them's just the facts.

15. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

I'm waiting to hear more reviews on some of these military grade Holosun models. The ChiComs have made and are making some mighty fine service weapons. No reason they can't make some decent 1970s LED technology red dots.

About the only thing one can say about Aimpoint is that they're tough as tanks, and that the guns might break before an Aimpoint would. Otherwise, it's a hunk of metal with good glass lenses and LED reticle. LED, for God's sake.

16. fredj338

fredj338

We should all try not to buy china or russia. Its better for the country.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  17. Fyrfytr998

Fyrfytr998

Good for the country, but not for the budgets of those that have to spend cash within limits.

Does Trijicon make an awesome product? Yes. Is it the only red dot that takes a beating and is rated for duty use? No. Is it double the price of some of these equally rated Red Dots? Yes.

I'm still waiting on the first reply that was typed by an American made tablet or phone, because it'll be good for the country if it was.

18. fredj338

fredj338

An excuse, Priorities. I am happy to pay a bit more for made here, if you can find things made here. Not to mention I like having americans with jobs, they pay taxrs, F the Chinese. At least pads & phones are made by a US company. Tula/Wolf uh no. Btw, I like my Trij. Like insaid, we should all try.

19. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

China builds iPads and iPhones in CHINA.

All but one of the suppliers is owned by a Taiwanese company, and 14 of the 17 factories are located in China. Apple also revealed that the Taiwanese company Hon Hai Precision Industry—commonly known as Foxconn—owns assembly plants for iPhones and iPads.Jan 28, 2013

Joshhtn likes this.
  20. fredj338

fredj338

I know that & it is a shame, but Apple is a US company. Tula/Wolf is not. SO when I have a choice, I rather put $$ into the USA not China or Russia or Serbia, Croatia or anyplace else.