Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and put Trijicon sights on my Glock 19 today. I was trying to do some night work, clearing a room and such last night and I realized that I could see the outlines of things but I couldn't tell where my Glock was pointed, no reference to the front site or rear either. The Trijicon works great.

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
I finally broke down and put Trijicon sights on my Glock 19 today. I was trying to do some night work, clearing a room and such last night and I realized that I could see the outlines of things but I couldn't tell where my Glock was pointed, no reference to the front site or rear either. The Trijicon works great.

Yeah, you're right. Night sights still require enough ambient light to target the intruder. Our neighborhood offers enough ambient light to zero any silhouetted intruder.

That's where a good weapon light comes in. A quality weapon light will light an entire room by skipping the beam off the ceiling or a wall. Flash and move on. Great weapon lights include:

- SureFire X300 @ $250.00
- Insight XTI Procyon @ $150.00
- Streamlight TLR-1 C4 @ $100.00

Shop the net for your best price!

At some point, you may wish to consider a laser designator. Lasers ostensibly project your front sight onto the target. As with the light, use your laser selectively. Great lasers include:

- LaserMax Guide Rod Laser
- LaserMax Uni-Max or Uni-Green
- LaserMax Sabre
- Crimson Trace

Congrats on the Trijicon sights! :thumbsup: I'd recommend avoiding harsh solvents & cleaners on them, as we've had reports of people washing the white markers off. Use of a silicon gun rag will make cleanings easier.

Some people have reported faster orientation of night sights using two lamp colors--brighter green up front, and yellow or orange in the rear :freak: I've tried this and liked it! :cool:

Here's a pic of Judy's G19... It's got:

- Trijicon Sights
- LaserMax
- SureFire X200B
- G18 33-Round Magazine (Not Shown)

All of the above mentioned accessories have performed flawlessly.

It's good that you practice drills! :wavey:

--Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts