Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try the 25 cent trigger job first and see if that smooths it out for you. You can find videos about it all over youtube. If you do change the trigger make sure it uses the glock oem trigger bar so all the safeties work like they should. I like the Overwatch Precision triggers. They do use the oem glock triggers bars with a np3 coating. Veteran owned and operated.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I would go "neither."

I purchased the Pyramid system a couple of years ago and was not impressed with it.

The way mine was set, when I installed the trigger bar, the cruciform on the trigger bar was moved off of the ledge on the trigger housing mechanism essentially disengaging the drop safety. When I adjusted the trigger bar so it was back on the ledge I added back the "creep" in the trigger that I thought was going to be eliminated. I removed the trigger and chalked this up to "experience."

Also the Titanium friction-free coating started to chip off of the firing pin safety.

The system I bought was one of the first so maybe the new Pyramid trigger systems are designed differently but I will not buy another one just to check it out.

All of my personal Glocks only use OEM trigger parts that I lightly polish (meaning no dremel).

If you have to go with an aftermarket trigger, I would look at a few other choices. IMHO!

I second the choice of the Overwatch Precision choice, or others.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
The 1000 Round Trigger Job is my choice also.
It's a lot more Fun.
All of my Glocks Have or Working on it.
No Parts to buy, No worries about how it works.
No polishing parts.
Can't polish it too far.
Just Shoot, it gets smoother as you go.
It's a lot more fun than sitting and polishing pieces.

Reactions: Butch

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,620 Posts
If you must go aftermarket I agree that Overwatch is the way to go. NP3 coated OEM trigger bar and a fine trigger.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
G - 17, just small upgrade. I did some change, striker, plunger, guide-rod. I wanted to smooth-out the trigger pull. I'm no expert. But I like to shoot. Thanks Fireball Jack.
My G17 Gen 4 the trigger bothered me a lot. Friend gave me ( and installed it at kitchen table in 15 minutes using common tools.) A Lightning Strike (Approx $20) Titanium Safety Plunger. That really made a difference !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts