Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TRIGGER - Remove from trigger bar

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by user1, May 6, 2012.

  1. user1

    user1 Millennium Member

    Likes Received:
    Nov 24, 1999
    Houston, TX - USA
    The title says it all. I would like to change out a trigger only and switch from the "grooved" trigger to a "smooth" trigger.

    IMO, the trigger was attached to the trigger bar in the beginning. Therefore, it seems to me that there should be (is) a way to de-tach the trigger from a trigger bar.

    (I have a trigger bar that is slightly bent at the cruciform. It causes the trigger bar to "catch" on the rear of drop safety shelf on the right side of the trigger housing as the trigger bar is released and is moving fully forward toward the safe action position.)


    "buy, buy says the sign in the shop window
    why, why says the crap in the yard.""

  2. DJ Niner

    DJ Niner Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    IIRC, the trigger and trigger bar are sold as a unit. I think they were designed to be installed and replaced that way due to the way they are assembled (blind pinning), and I do not remember ever seeing one offered for sale as a part without the other being attached/included.

    I have personally replaced many of my smaller Glocks' grooved trigger assemblies with smooth trigger assemblies, and they were always replaced as a single unit.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012