Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
woo woo
31,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a G20, it's 3rd Gen and I have done some liposuction on the grip frame to reduce it's girth, but I'm still not satisfied with trigger reach.
I'm not interested in screwing with the internals or actually changing the trigger weight, I'm just want to shorten the trigger reach if that's possible?
I've seen some different triggers, but I'm not certain if they actually shorten the reach over the stock trigger. Anyone done anything similar?
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
20,680 Posts
The answer is to get a G20SF or a Gen4. On my G20SF I undercut the trigger guard and removed the bumps of the finger grooves and now the gun fits may hand perfectly.

I had a regular G20 and sold it and bought the GF and that was a big improvement right there. Supposedly the Gen 4 with the smallest backstrap is the same as a Gen3 SF.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm saying Gen4 without the additional backstrap.

Good luck

·
I'm not retired
7,846 Posts
How is your finger on the trigger with the way it is, now? IOW, are you having to use the tip of your finger to pull the trigger or are you wanting more pad or possibly the first knuckle crease, there, and it won't reach?

·
G43 Fanboy
2,329 Posts
I have very small hands with stubby fingers, and I’ve found that Overwatch Falx trigger does make trigger reach shorter without altering the trigger weight at all (because it uses the Glock OEM trigger bar).

·
Registered
492 Posts
I removed the bumps that are inline with the mag release. This made a big difference in my grip. If you take some time and evaluate your grip, you may notice that the bumps actually break your grip.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The Overwatch TAC trigger reduces reach, and does not compromise the safety, as it uses a Glock trigger bar.

·
20,680 Posts
True.

But unfortunately, selling the OP's G20 will be complicated by the irreparable modifications that he has made to its frame.
No big deal. Some people, like me, absolutely hate stippling but other people actually like it.

Regardless, Glocks are relatively inexpensive. If you had to take a $100 dollar loss on the gun that's not the end of the world, and for that matter I thinkGlock will even sell you a new Gen 4 frame for not much more than that.

·
I'm not retired
7,846 Posts
No big deal. Some people, like me, absolutely hate stippling but other people actually like it.
I'd fret over a $3000 1911. Not gonna do it over a plastic frame Semi. I let a guy shoot a G41 I have that has no finger grooves or texture. Gots skate board tape front and rear and on the weak hand side of the grip, right where my weak hand palm goes. Has rounded off trigger guard, too. Dude has begged me to do it to his Gen 3 17, more than once.

·
woo woo
31,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How is your finger on the trigger with the way it is, now? IOW, are you having to use the tip of your finger to pull the trigger or are you wanting more pad or possibly the first knuckle crease, there, and it won't reach?
Two handed, the trigger is just outside the first distal joint. Shooting one handed, the outside half of my finger tip.
What I'm looking for is two things; I want to straighten the trigger profile a bit if possible, and make the reach closer to the present trigger in the striker down position (fired).

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Vanek Custom can make you a trigger with pre-travel adjustment, but these shouldn’t be installed by anyone lacking a through knowledge of Glock’s safeties. Very easy to wind up with a gun that is no longer drop safe.

Personally, I’d just train to shift my grip around. This will free up more space for you to get the meaty part of support hand around the gun. With enough tinkering, anybody should be able to adapt their grip to nearly any Glock (or other pistol for that matter).

·
20,680 Posts
I'm not going to buy an additional gun if a $20 part will meet my preference. As it is, I can live with it, I'm just soliciting folks who have tinkered with aftermarket triggers.
A trigger isn't going to do the trick. a Glock trigger has to have a certain amount of travel to be able to function correctly.

The SF frame or the Gen 4 fram make all the difference in the world, Consider getting a new gen4 frame from Glock. It will cost you less than a new gun.

If it were me I'd get a Glock 21SF and switch slides back ang forth to be able to shoot either caliber.

·
woo woo
31,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Vanek Custom can make you a trigger with pre-travel adjustment, but these shouldn’t be installed by anyone lacking a through knowledge of Glock’s safeties. Very easy to wind up with a gun that is no longer drop safe.

Personally, I’d just train to shift my grip around. This will free up more space for you to get the meaty part of support hand around the gun. With enough tinkering, anybody should be able to adapt their grip to nearly any Glock (or other pistol for that matter).
Pretty much what I do now, just exploring options.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.