close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trigger reach: 4th Gen Glock verses M&P9

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by calviroman, Feb 9, 2010.

1. calviroman

calviroman

Hi,

For the few that have handled both, what has a shorter trigger reach (i.e. better for extremely small hands) 4th Gen Glock with no palm insert or M&P9 with smallest palm swell?

2. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

I owned an M&P9 and handled a 4th generation today with no palm swell. The glock is shorter

3. ridetime

ridetime

Almost too close to call. I think the M&P might have it by a hair. I tried to measure mine but I don't have anything that accurate. The M&P "feels" slightly smaller and that could be the grip shape or lack of finger grooves giving me that impression. For all practical purposes I would call it a draw.

4. calviroman

calviroman

OK thanks. I'm partial to Glocks, only because thats what I've always had. I'm trying to find a full-size pistol for my wife that fits her tiny mits well. Her carry gun is a Kahr P380 loaded with DPX, which is great for small-handed people. My only beef with the Kahrs is their "spotty" reliability - I would much prefer her to have a 4th gen Glock or M&P as a nightstand gun verses a bigger Kahr.

5. hamburger

hamburger

:rofl:
    :uglylol:

6. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

I guess I dont get it, what is so funny about this post?

7. Dingus

Dingus

Nothing to get. It's New Wave Troll Humor and doe not have to make sense.

8. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

My wife has an M&P 9c. She wants to shoot GSSF, and the best gun we own is a 1st-Gen G17, but the grip is still a touch large for her.

So, I pulled out a measuring tape to see the difference. I don't recall the exact diameters, but the G17 measured in at 4mm more than the M&P 9c. Mind you, this is total circumference, not trigger reach.

The Gen4 Glocks take off 2mm from the backstrap on the smallest setting, which probably translates to about a 3mm or more reduction in total circumference. The M&P is narrower, so some of the difference in circumference is explained by that. I'd hazard an educated guess that the actual trigger reach of the Gen4 is so similar to the M&P that you'd have to get calipers to find out for sure.

9. calviroman

calviroman

Thanks for the answer.