Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
My 19 g5 has a trigger pull of 2.5 lbs, oem internals.
Eany idea on how to get a safe carry weight?
I'm not well versed in Gen 5s, but a stock OEM trigger pull at 2.5lbs. and its not a target grade firearm, is a unicorn and a lawsuit against Glock waiting to happen.

how did you get the 2.5 lbs. read on the trigger pull?

Reactions: Cheeks

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
My 19 gen 5 all oem has 2.5 trigger pull, eany idea as how to bump that up to a safe carry weight?
The answer is easy . You change out the trigger spring and/or bar. The hard decision is what trigger weight do you want?
I put in a NY1 trigger spring after being required to have a NY2 trigger for work for over a decade. I wanted a heavier spring than the stock spring.

But all you need to do is buy the connector you want and spring. You can get a gunsmith or friend to do it. Or you can do it yourself
Same instructions to install a heavier trigger or bar in it unless you want a NY1 or NY2 trigger

·
NRA Life Member
72,886 Posts
You either have "a trigger pull of 2.5 lbs" or you have "oem internals." You don't have both. So you either measured the trigger wrong and need to do it again, or you need to put in OEM parts.

In the unlikely event you have "oem parts" that have been modified that much (i.e., striker and drop safety spring cut, etc) , they are no longer oem parts as they came from Glock, so replace them.

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Sounds like you bought a used Glock that had polished internals if they're all actually OEM and not aftermarket. You'll have to do a full disassembly and see which have been modified and then replace accordingly. That'll probably be a number of parts but replacing with actual unmodified OEM factory parts will bring it back to around 5# or 5.5#.

I would want the upper end on that 5.5# spectrum, and maybe a little more which is why I like the NY-1 triggers.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,019 Posts
[Assuming this is not another one of those troll posts…]

Something is wrong with your G19.5 because as other members mentioned it should NOT have a trigger pull of 2.5 lbs if all internal parts are “unmodified” OEM parts. Have a Glock certified armorer in your area look at your gun and make sure that it is restored to the factory specs.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
[Assuming this is not another one of those troll posts…]

Something is wrong with your G19.5 because as other members mentioned it should NOT have a trigger pull of 2.5 lbs if all internal parts are “unmodified” OEM parts. Have a Glock certified armorer in your area look at your gun and make sure that it is restored to the factory specs.
A second that. How would you know if you didn’t strip the gun down? I can’t tell sometimes if I don’t have the parts next to each other to compare . —-I am no gunsmith and didn’t do a full strip until the guys on this forum convinced me to try it.-

·
Private side
13,165 Posts
The answer is easy . You change out the trigger spring and/or bar. The hard decision is what trigger weight do you want?
I put in a NY1 trigger spring after being required to have a NY2 trigger for work for over a decade. I wanted a heavier spring than the stock spring.

But all you need to do is buy the connector you want and spring. You can get a gunsmith or friend to do it. Or you can do it yourself
Same instructions to install a heavier trigger or bar in it unless you want a NY1 or NY2 trigger

So they make a NY trigger spring for 5th Gen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oem internals, polished oem connecter, oem safty plunger polished, all springs oem. 2.5 lb slip in the ghost or double diamond 3.5 and I get 2.lb pull.
Now my brothers g22 g5 I polished all oem internals, 4. Lb pull. So I'm using the scale correctly

·
NRA Life Member
72,886 Posts
Oem internals, polished oem connecter, oem safty plunger polished, all springs oem. 2.5 lb slip in the ghost or double diamond 3.5 and I get 2.lb pull.
Now my brothers g22 g5 I polished all oem internals, 4. Lb pull. So I'm using the scale correctly
So, like we said, you don't have a 2.5 lb trigger with OEM parts.

·
Reformed 1911 Shooter
692 Posts

Simple undo what has been done to it.

New user 7/21/22. Troll Alert.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have now oem parts an the cart to put back too factory specifications, just wait on replies from you all.
For those that don't believe the 2.-2.5 lb pull its true, got me scratching my head.
My next course of action is take to the gunsmith, with my pull gauge to check the calibration.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts