Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 3 15.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trigger pull on my g17m (vickers edition) is super smooth. It just rolls from start to finish with no discernible break. In contrast, my gen 2 g19 has an obvious "wall" that I feel once I take up the slack in the trigger. I can hold it there and when I want, I can feel a crisp break as I take the shot.

I view these two triggers to be on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I've read on the forums that many folks love the gen 5 trigger. I've also seen reviewers mention that they really prefer a crisp break as is on the gen 2.

What is your preference? Is there an advantage of one trigger pull style over the other? Are triggers consistent throughout a particular gen or does the feel differ literally from pistol to pistol?

How much do you consider the feel of the trigger pull when you are considering buying a new glock?

Thanks

·
Florist
20,127 Posts
Been CCWing the G19 since 1999 and the G26 since 2006 so I'm muscle memory-ed for the "wall." Prefer that for a CCW gun. When I'm looking (still on going) at a potential retirement CCW, first thing I check is if they have a similar trigger.

I also appreciate the Glock reset. Yes, I shoot my Glocks from reset.

Trigger pulls and the "wall" should be consistent within generations 1 thru 4.

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I put the Glock - (minus) connector in my G20SF it removed the wall but is now super smooth and lighter. While I like it I also like no creep light target triggers with no backlash at the break. If you look at the Glock as being a non-target combat pistol, its probably best to try both trigger styles in a double tap quick shooting combat style and choose the one you are most accurate with. 25 yard slow fire target style shooting does not apply to this pistol.

·
I'm not retired
7,264 Posts
Smooth with no stacking. Absolutely no wall. Between 4 to 4.5lbs at the break is ideal. I don't care about the length of the pull with a Glock...it isn't that much, anyways. Personally, I believe the Glock trigger to be one of the best all around triggers on the market once the stacking and wall have been removed.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I want a solid wall, clean and crisp break, with not much take up. I don’t care for long “mushy” trigger pulls that don’t give a clear indication of when it will break I have a some DA/SA guns but prefer to fire from SA almost always. I love 1911 triggers and the trigger in Nighthawks are perfect imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'm not retired
7,264 Posts
I don’t care for long “mushy” trigger pulls that don’t give a clear indication of when it will break
Not saying to like long pulls, but the long trigger pull breaks at the same point, wall or no wall. Without a wall, you just have to know by how far back the pull is as to when it will break. Very easy to muscle memorize this and you may appreciate having a 'falling' break instead of a wall when you're shooting 'tightest group doesn't buy the beer', afterwards.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depends on the use of the pistol for me. My CCW is a G27 and it has a distinct wall and the pull seems to get heavier the closer you get to the wall. I like this for my CCW since if I ever use it in self defense I'm not going to notice due to the adrenaline. My range pistols all have smooth as butter triggers with most of them having some kind of gunsmithing work done to get the most accuracy out of them on the range.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
For practical pistol, I don't care about break at all. I want smooth action with short, predictable reset. The only 2 factors for me are how easy it is to actuate the trigger and how little time it takes.

More drama equates to more time, and more potential for movement of the gun during trigger actuation.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
"QUOTE"
How much do you consider the feel of the trigger pull when you are considering buying a new glock?

Not at all--I do a trigger job on every Glock I buy. Latest is a G29.3, it has a 3.1lb trigger. (Lyman trigger gauge)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Giving this more thought, under a high stress situation all of that "wall training" would go quickly out the window. I would bet that a smooth long trigger pull without the "wall break" would be many times more accurate. No chance to "pull" the pistol off target with the heavier break. I do like the Glock - minus connector with a .25 cent polish.

Now for target shooting which the Glock is really not the right pistol, the Wall beats lighter and smooth every time!

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
The choices do not include any remotely realistic descriptions of a Glock's trigger.

·
Florist
20,127 Posts
As I said earlier, I prefer the Glock "wall" for CCWs because the "wall" is a tactile reminder that I have one last opportunity to quick check the front-sight-on-target before the gun goes boom.

From revolvers I learned the quick and dirty final check of front-sight-on-target when the revolver trigger has traveled to that end point (don't know what it's called) where everything is in balance and one very, very little press on the trigger will cause the hammer to fall. The Glock "wall" is a much more positive way of letting me know that I've reached that end point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts