close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by seaswol, Jun 20, 2012.

1. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

My new G19 Gen4 has no real problems except: the trigger pull is so worse than my 4 year old G34. Both are still stock. I've modified my G29 and it is almost as good as my G34. Any suggestions for the Gen4?
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. alexhartang

alexhartang

If you look at the end of the trigger bar, on the gen4's there's a small bump where as on the hen3's there is not, of you dare to file or polish that down to make it look similar to the gen3, it should help

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

Can I use a Gen3 trigger bar (no bump or groved trigger) in place of the stock Gen4 trigger bar? Am I beating a dead horse? This is my first G19 and feels, in hand, better than my G23.
    Thanks,
    Chris

4. alexhartang

alexhartang

I don't see why not, there's no reason it should be a problem, I've switched out mine from my 23 to my 19's spare before

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

My gen3 G36 had the hump. I filed it down and it made the trigger about a pound or more lighter and a little smoother. And I've had zero reliability issues. Glock says the hump is for a "more positive feeling trigger" or some garbage like that. That is just the public excuse they use to cover up that they wanted to make the trigger heavier, probably due to government pressure. JMO.

6. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Does your G19 have the dot connector? If not, that would greatly improve the trigger pull.

7. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

Does anyone happen to have a trigger bar from a 3 and 4 they could throw a picture up for comparison?

I just got my first glock, a g4 17. First thing I did was buy a Ghost rocket and do the quarter mod. I went and put 500 rounds through it and I like the trigger so much, Im not even bothering with the rocket....

Im interested about this hump though.

8. JBP55

JBP55

Dream On. :whistling:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  9. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

A stock G34 trigger always feels better because it comes with a "-" connector.

10. RLZIII

RLZIII

Like stated above, the first thing I'd check is to make sure that the new Gen4 has the "dot" connector. This connector is the new standard for Gen4 GLOCKs, as it makes the trigger pull weight closer to that of a Gen3 model. Some early Gen4 models don't have the "dot" connector installed. You can buy them online for a small price; or I'm sure that GLOCK may even send you one if you call them. Alternatively, a GLOCK Armorer could purchase ad install one for you.

If you already have the "dot" connector, I'd personally recommend leaving the gun alone...except for shooting it. As the gun is shot, the trigger pull will become smoother as the parts contact each other repeatedly (dry firing also accomplishes this...but isn't as fun as shooting).

If you do want to replace parts, you can install the appropriate Gen3 trigger with trigger bar. Personally, if you decide to do that, I'd also recommend having the normal connector installed (the "blank" connector, which is standard for Gen3 guns). This way you get a more true Gen3 trigger (this will also make the trigger closer to stock trigger pull weight).

Also keep in mind that, like DannyR stated, your GLOCK 34 likely has a "-" connector, which reduces the trigger pull weight by about a pound (if it was a Blue Label gun, it won't have the "-" connector). GLOCK does this with their competition guns (GLOCK 17L, 24, 34, and 35). While not recommended by GLOCK for carry pistols, you could install a "-" connector in your new GLOCK 19 Gen4 to give it a more similar feel to your GLOCK 34. The cost is higher (around $25) because the part normally isn't sold to GLOCK Armorers, but could be worth it.

11. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Ummm, fact, bro. Sorry if you can't handle that. The hump adds at least 1 lb to the trigger pull.

12. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Correct.

13. Bello

Bello America/Italia

19 and 23 frame are same size lol

14. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

I replaced my groved trigger bar with an "old" trigger bar and an "old" (-) connector. Instantly, a great trigger for a Glock. Almost like my G34. Fortunately, I've never had a problem with brass to the head and I am using a Glock threaded barrel on my G19 Gen4. It must be running so smoothly because of my reloads:rofl::rofl: 124gr MG, mixed brass, Federal SP and 4.0grs of Titegroup!!
    Chris

15. RLZIII

RLZIII

I assume that seaswol's GLOCK 23 is a Gen3 model; therefore he is comparing the frame to his GLOCK 19 Gen4.

Great to hear that everything worked out. There have been several users here who have reported using a Gen3 trigger with trigger bar in their Gen4 pistols with no problems. Keep us up to date with how it shoots!

16. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

My G23 is a G32 actually. I will compare my G32 with a LWD 9mm barrel and my modded G19 Gen4, with an old smooth trigger and (-) conector this weekend and my new Chrony using my standard reloads.
    Chris

17. JBP55

JBP55

Incorrect. :whistling:

18. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

My G23 is a G32 actually. I will compare my G32 with a LWD 9mm barrel and my modded G19 Gen4, with an old smooth trigger and (-) conector this weekend and my new Chrony using my standard reloads.
    Chris

19. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

Change the trigger bar to a gen 3 without the bump and change the connector to a " - " connector. It'll feel like a stock Gen 3 that has been broken in.

20. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

That is what I found. Until I shoot the gun this weekend I'll hold my judgement.
    Chris

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012