close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wefski71, Mar 11, 2010.

1. wefski71

wefski71

This should generate some comments. I would appreciate comments on reducing my trigger pull to 3.5 on a 19 or 23. I did read a thread on another site but don't recall what forum it was. The comments were all over the place, pro/con, legal ramifications, etc. So thought I would throw it out for you guys. Thanks

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

3. 93 FOX

93 FOX

I have the "3 1/2" trigger in all my glocks, it doesnt get your trigger down to 3 1/2, its more like 4 1/2. It improves the trigger but ive seen alot lighter on handguns. It definately helps.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. wefski71

wefski71

So it drops about a pound from 5.5 to 4.5, that seems reasonable.

5. Glockdude1

The 3.5 Glock connector with the 4lb striker spring, gives my G22 a very smooth 4.5 trigger pull.

:cool:

6. paddle007

paddle007

And don't forget the 25 cent polish job, use it with the 3.5 lb Glock OEM connector and you should be around the 4 lb mark, give or take a little. If it is still a little high shoot it more.

7. Tech-Head

Tech-Head

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  8. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

You have the Glockdude1 guarantee on those facts! (I'd want to get it in writing)

Did anyone notice this (from the web page Glockdude1 linked to):

What do you use the gun for?

If it's ONLY a range toy, go for it! If it's not, and you might want to depend on it to work for something serious, don't screw with it.......just learn how to use it.

10. AustinTx

AustinTx

Butch has nailed it, again.:snoopy:

11. 40 Cal Joe

40 Cal Joe

All of mine are stock, and I shoot just fine.

12. kshutt

kshutt

Just seems to me that the problems BEGIN when Glocks are no longer stock. Other than Meprolights installed, my G21 and G30 are stock, and that's the way they'll stay.

Good Shooting! :cool:

13. 40 cal

40 cal

I did the 25 cent trigger job and installed a 3.5 Glock connector in my 23. My groups are much tighter now. I would never go back to the 5.5!

14. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

Really the only thing that's a "must do" IMO is the .25 trigger job, just smoothes out a fresh-out-of-the-box or low round count gun quite a bit.

The stock set-up is real shoot-able as is right from the factory as long as you put in the practice to learn the Glock's trigger with lots of dry-fire and such, like most, you'll find over time that the stock 5.5 connector is probably the best balance between trigger crispness and pull weight...
    That said, my carry gun and IDPA/game gun are one in the same and I use/like the Lone Wolf 3.5 connector after seriously trying just about every component/combo out there... out of the 3.5's available they seem to be the most crisp feeling to me. Without changing anything else, you get a real world 4.5lb-5lb trigger that's a little more forgiving when shooting fast IMO due to it's lighter weight making it easier to not pull shots left when pulling through the break while going fast (if you've got highly developed support hand skill/control, IMO nothing beats the stock 5.5 connector's crispness though... I go back to it every couple of months and am always amazed at how crisp it feels coming from a 3.5, hopefully by the summer my support hand skills will be where I can go to the 5.5 connector full-time and not print to the left when I'm really moving, slow-fire the 5.5 with it's crispness is more accurate for me as there's less length of pull and mush before it breaks the shot).

I've tried both the rocket-type connectors and the trigger housings with over-travel stops and IMO while they feel better while dry-firing, they don't pay much reward in actual practice (in fact, Glocks don't really have too much over-travel anyways and while shooting at speed having a bit of over-travel is actually more forgiving).

I do not agree with using a reduced power firing pin spring at all. Unless you're loading your own ammo with easy to set off Federal primers, or using only one brand of ammo every time you shoot like a professional game shooter, at some point sooner or later you WILL get light strikes and it's a headache you don't want or need IMO, it's just not worth the half a pound less of pull weight to then have to worry if your pistol is going to go bang every time.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  15. telecster

telecster

Using the Glock OEM 3.5 connector, would that reduce the legal issue?

16. Tommy Kelly

Tommy Kelly

I put a 3.5# connector in my g22 and it seemed to help a good bit. I have a 2.5# coming for my g21 it hasn't arrived yet I will install it as soon as it gets here and give it a try. I have quite a few handguns and have all my triggers light because I like it that way. The glocks are heavy from the factory and the connector is a drop in fit so if they don't satisfy you you can put them back to where they were. On my others you can't go back without buying new hammers after filing the sear down. Most of my other guns are single actions or capable of firing single action. I don't believe in lightening the hammer strike's so the springs stay stock. I have most triggers down around 2# or below on my others.

17. Glockdude1

Internet myth, nothing more.

:cool:

18. dday27

dday27

Tried the Zev Tech Race Connector this week and had more than 5 FTF, These connectors are crap

19. telecster

telecster

I have heard and been told this by many people. Massad Ayoob I would not conceder internet myth. I believe he has touched on Factory ammo v reloaded and gun alterations v stock and the Judaical system. My point if it is a Glock part would that negate the after market/alteration issue?

20. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Thank you Butch!

The crap you read on the internet.

Real information from a REAL EPERT like you (BUTCH)

is like a breath of fresh air.