Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am hoping that this wouldn't be another "What's so great about Sig 226?" thread but here goes nothing... Glock 17's trigger pull and reset is shorter. By far. However I'd personally prefer the Beretta 92 overall (including the trigger reset). Now .... Let's go :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree with the above. I own both and shoot both extensively. The Glock reset is much shorter, but the Beretta is still much smoother. Either serves well. With that being said, the 226 is also an excellent choice.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I've shot a half-dozen 92's, and none of them had a trigger even remotely comparable to those on a standard Glock. The Glock's is lighter, shorter, and superior in every regard, from my experience.

·
Nonentity
4,472 Posts
I've shot a half-dozen 92's, and none of them had a trigger even remotely comparable to those on a standard Glock. The Glock's is lighter, shorter, and superior in every regard, from my experience.
I agree. The 92 is a good gun with a crappy trigger.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The only 92 I ever shot was felt like the recoil was pneumatic. Loved it. Good ride. Appreciable slower than a Glock, but I liked it more than a Glock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I own a Barretta 92 Elite II and a couple of Glocks (G19 & G34). The Elite II is a DA/SA and as a Member posted (don't want this to turn into a rage) I like the Glocks trigger much better.

The Elite II has become a safe queen.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like the glock trigger better but shoot the beretta better. 92FS with the lighter d spring vs G31 with G22 barrel (.40) and 3.5lb connector...

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have a 92SB and had a 92FS and they both have a really nice single action trigger. The reset is very short and the pull is light and crisp. I prefer the SA to a Glock, Sig and most DA/SA pistols. Now the DA trigger ion Beretta's is heavy, long and inconsistant , definately one of the worst I have shot.

I also found that they need to be kept clean to maintain a good trigger which involves a complete stripping every 1K rounds or so. Anyone that has disassembled a Beretta knows its a bit of a pain for regular maintenance. If you want to improve a Beretta trigger a G model main-springmakes a huge difference in the DA/SA models.

·
Lurking
2,648 Posts
For the Beretta trigger, do you mean in double action or single action mode? In double action, obviously the shorter travel and reset is Glock. Insingle action I'd say it's a tie.

·
NRA Life Member
65,514 Posts
I'll say the same. I shoot Glocks in matches and Berettas in Army qualifications and recetly at the Pistol SAFS at Camp Perry. I have a 92FS I sometimes shoot just to stay in practice with the POS and to remind myself that any decent grip will malfunction the slide stop. It's accurate and reliable, I guess, but the trigger and grip size are probably among the worst in the 9mm world.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts