close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trigger pull on USP compact

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by J.Eckert, Jun 11, 2007.

1. J.Eckert

J.Eckert

Looking to get a USP compact, but not sure what the trigger pull is for both double action and single action. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

2. -gunut-

-gunut-

I believe the single action is about 4.5lb and the double action is about 8lb. I carry C&L and never use the DA.

3. 40SX

40SX

I didn't measure the double action pull on either of my H&K USP compacts, the 9 and the 40. The single action is fine, but the double action is somewhere between Oh my God and "is this thing broken." The double action pull will get better with use and some dry firing, but without internal help, it will never be a Sig or Smith.

Dennis

4. airrascal

airrascal

That's why I prefer the LEM trigger on mine.

5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

+1 to the LEM. I have an HK USPc and I never could get used to the double action (this is from someone who shoots a DA/SA <Beretta> frequently in competition). I recently had mine converted to LEM and I'm really liking it now.

6. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

This exactly what my impression was. The DA/SA pulls are mismatched. Either they need to equip the guns with a heavier SA pull or a lighter DA pull. It's too easy to touch off a second round during the DA to SA transition. I don't like double taps into the ceiling (no, I haven't done this but I've come close).

Other than that these are exceptional guns. For some odd reason, I lke my USPc better than my dad's P2000.

7. DHart

DHart

I am all for a consistent trigger pull with every shot. I tried DA/SA designs and think the difference between the DA and the SA is rediculous... especially for someone who has done a lot of 1911 shooting.

I think it's great that you can carry the USP/USPc cocked and locked, because that's the only way I'd use one myself. The SA pull on these guns is pretty darned nice! But the DA? No way.

As for the LEM... I haven't tried the LEM... is it nearly as nice as the SA on the SA/DA versions?

8. IANative

IANative

New to H&K. How does one go about changing from DA/SA to LEM?

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

The LEM is somewhat like the SA with a lot of takeup. I like it, as many still qualify it as a DAO. Also, I don't like C&L in the HK 'cause my short thumbs don't reach the safety as nicely and reliably as they do on a 1911.

10. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

It's pretty much a parts swap, though it can be a bit tricky. I was fortunate to know an HK armorer in my area. I did the work, but he walked me through it. The kit does come with a reasonable set of instructions.

11. DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

What about the other way around? I have a buddy that wants to go LEM to DA/SA. Any kits for that?

12. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I haven't seen the kit to go the other way, but would imagine it would be available. You might want to try a Wanted to Buy ad, as there is probably a few people out there with the V1 parts lying around.

I actually switched mine back just for fun. I use a P2000 LEM now for CCW (grip frame not as rough on the skin), so the USPc is a range toy.

13. DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Thanks I'll let him know. I too love my USPc. Almost bought a P2000 .357 on the day I bought the USPc .40 but got a better deal with the latter (NS, extra mags, OWB holster). The LEM trigger isn't too bad, just a reeeaaaaly long pull.

14. Chowser

Chowser

If you have the USP or USP Compact in LEM, all you would need to do is order the parts for the V1 setup. It takes me about 10 minutes now to swap out the parts (over 5 minutes on the trigger spring alone because my hands are too fumbly!)

Not sure about a P2000.

15. AC498

AC498

The LEM is well worth the trouble. Get it.