Trigger options for 19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Codfish04, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Codfish04

Codfish04

I love Glocks but do not really care for the trigger. I purchased a Ghost Edge for my 19. I'm getting around a 3lb pull with no bump which is great, but a little light for a carry (for me). Anything I can add to make it a bit heavier without making it suck again. NY1 spring? Looking for opinions, and going back to the original trigger is not an option.

2. FireMedic-50

FireMedic-50

I use the glock 4.5 lb connector and a 6lb competition trigger spring.
    I am very pleased with it.
    My G-34 had exact same trigger set up from the factory.

Blackshirt likes this.

3. 22highcaps

22highcaps

I use a Vanek Classic trigger in my G19. I like it.

4. FixedSights

FixedSights

Have you swapped springs? If you're getting 3# with ONLY a connector, that's much lighter than I've seen without messing with springs as well.

5. Codfish04

Codfish04

No springs. Just connector and a polishing job.

6. FixedSights

FixedSights

Hmmm... and you used an actual trigger gauge to pull a legit 3 pounds or where you estimating it?

7. FinallyGlock

FinallyGlock

Not sure what you are looking to spend, but have you considered going back to the stock connector and doing something like the SSVI TYR trigger? I just bought one for my G43 from a guy on GunBroker. Liked it so much I just ordered one for my G17 from SSVI. They just got them back in stock today.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

How about the - connector?

9. FinallyGlock

FinallyGlock

I think he already put a Ghost connector in it?

[EDIT] ugh. duh. my bad. - connector. i b a dummy.

10. Codfish04

Codfish04

Pull was done with scale. Anyone familiar with NY1 trigger spring?

11. Kyduckhunter3

Kyduckhunter3

Everybody complains about the trigger, sure it's not great, but if you practice it's not that difficult to shoot pretty well.

If you're wanting 5 shots in one hole at 20 yards, get a high end 1911 or something of the sort. The glock is a defensive/combat pistol not a target gun.

Practice and learn to shoot it well, or quit b****ing about and switch manufacturers

12. FixedSights

FixedSights

I have a NY1 in my 19 gen3 along with a factory minus connector. Internals are polished. The pull is between 6.25 and 6.5 pounds. There is no light take up followed by a wall. The take up is heavy and it stacks a little until it breaks.

13. Blackshirt

Blackshirt

My preferred Glock Gen 3 setup is a (-) connector with a G17 trigger (smooth) and careful fitting of the trigger components. I also favor Glock night sights and a Vickers magazine release. This yields a trigger pull around the magic 4-4.5 lb range...just right for a combat pistol.

125K9 likes this.
  14. Codfish04

Codfish04

Just because I don't care for the trigger doesn't mean I don't like the gun. I'm not b****IMG about the gun. To the others, thanks for the input. To you, kyduckhunter, thanks for not being a complete ******.

15. Kyduckhunter3

Kyduckhunter3

Didn't mean to get you all riled up. My post was a response to the multiple threads I've seen(in my short time on GT) on how terrible the out of the box the trigger is. It just happened to be on your thread. I should've worded it differently, but I view a 19 as a defensive firearm, not a precision bullseye firearm

16. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

3lbs with just connector, no bump, and polish? Best I could get with '-' connector and polish (the trigger bar bump barely touches during the pull) is 4lbs, 7oz on a G34.

17. dw6395

dw6395

I agree that the trigger is not the best (Not just Glocks) however, it is getting smoother as I feed rounds thru the pistol and I expect it to meet my expectations as it matures; much like a good bourbon! As a gun club/defensive pistol, the 19 gen 4 is becoming my favorite pistol. In the service I at first was critical of a trigger setup and all right handed (I am a lefty) weapons. I was told to get over it and that has stuck with me.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  18. Hillbilly john

Hillbilly john

I have a couple friends that have used ny1 and a 3lb connector, it gives you a very smooth trigger with aclean crisp break, that is after a good polishing job,

19. Hillbilly john

Hillbilly john

On my gen4 19 I have a stock connector with a 6lb trigger spring and through polishing job, I ended up with about a 5lb trigger with a very clean break, I tried 3.5lb ghost and zev connectors but didn't like the deal, be careful and only do a light polish where the sear contacts the striker, the goal is to polish not to remove material, I have friends that use the NY1 spring and 3lb connector, the ones I have felt were like stock weight with a much cleaner break, the stock Glock trigger is not that bad, but can be made a lot smoother with a little polishing, to each his own, I don't want to hear how I shouldn't modify a carry gun, or how the stock trigger is good enough for combat accuracy, or self defence, accuracy builds confidence in your weapon go with what works for YOU