Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is having an issue with his G19 Gen3 and I was hoping someone here might have some insight. His trigger occasionally locks up after chambering the first round. He noted that the trigger safety on the trigger itself will not move. If he just puls back the slide a bit and releases it everything snaps into place. Looking for ideas to give him for cause and remedy. I'm sure someone here has an answer.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Is the gun completely stock or did he change out the trigger? That's a common problem with guns that have pre-travel reduced depending upon how it was reduced.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Well, you've got something new to me. Please forgive the basic questions.

Is the gun new?
If not, any changes at all recently (even stock parts)?

Any chance he is "walking" the slide forward loading the first round rather than letting it slingshot or releasing with the slide stop lever? Glocks need to be allowed to slam home when loading the first round.

Any other issues like misfires?

I would check the trigger shoe for any burrs. I would also consider replacing the springs if the gun isnt new (firing pin spring and trigger spring never hurts to replace the recoil spring reguarly either).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottR65

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bet the farm that the trigger spring was replaced backwards. This spring must be in the "S" configuration when attached to the trigger bar and trigger housing. In other words, the spring must look like the letter S when looking at it from the right side of the frame. If not, you will have trigger reset issues.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Picture of "S" configuration rover2 mentions.

Also, the trigger spring can be installed in the "S" configuration and still have problems if it is not properly alinged. Sometimes it gets pushed off to the side when installing back into the trigger mechanism housing.

Dave

·
Registered
32,212 Posts
The correct orientation of the trigger coil spring is easy enough to visually check, and can be the cause of trigger "reset" problems.

Did your friend remember to replace the plastic TMH pin after installing the minus connector?

Reactions: Seven High

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Post #9 above.
This is an often overlooked part of re-assembling a Glock by the novice.

·
Registered
27,662 Posts
Did he load 15 in the mag and one in the chamber?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Picture of "S" configuration rover2 mentions.

Also, the trigger spring can be installed in the "S" configuration and still have problems if it is not properly alinged. Sometimes it gets pushed off to the side when installing back into the trigger mechanism housing.

Dave
Nice job with the illustrations!!!

Reactions: DJ Niner

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Reading the OP carefully, I have a question to clarify the issue.

Are you saying that the issue is that the little plastic blade in the center of the trigger does not recess into the actual trigger when he tries to pull the trigger?

If so, none of the other replies are germane to the issue. The fix could be an inexpensive replacement with a new trigger assembly.

If the little plastic blade recesses into the trigger easily, but the trigger then can't be pulled, then it's an issue somewhere down the line.

·
MacGyver
8,089 Posts
I agree with Kentak... you are describing the center trigger blade being stuck.
Exactly How is he chambering that first round into chamber?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts