close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger job on a G-19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Danel Boone, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Danel Boone

Danel Boone

Hi.

At the range, I am having trouble hitting the bulls eye so I took a lesson today. I brought my G-19, and a NIB CZ75 Shadow.

The instructor and I spent about 40 minutes working and it seems my biggest issue is "squeezing" the trigger and anticipating the recoil so I shoot low and left.
    OK, stuff I need to work on.

When he left, I took out my CZ75 Shadow, and shot it for the first time. I put 8 out of 10 in the bullseye the first time, and then 9 out of 10 the second time.
    I scared myself, so I packed up and left, but I will go back on Friday.

The trigger pull on the Shadow was so smooth, effortless, and the pistol just fired...no fuss no muss! The Shadow has an "upgraded" trigger from the normal Sp-01, and all agree it is great. Now I am a believer...

So, can the G-19 also undergo a trigger job to make the pull smoother and more effortless?
    If so, can someone tell me where to send my G-19, or can any gunsmith do the job...whatever the "job" might entail.
    I live in the Tampa/St. Pete area of Florida, so if anybody has any knowledge as to trigger jobs and who will do a great job on my G-19, please let me know.

Thanks

2. Glock+2

Glock+2

do a search on utube, numerous .25 cent trigger job videos/instructions and this is something you can do yourself....it will smooth the trigger pull, and add a 3.5# connector while you have it apart

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  3. protosniper

protosniper

Does the 3.5 connector make the trigger spongy and give it a bit more travel ???? polishing the parts needed to make the trigger smooth isn`t a problem at all infact it`s so simple it`s funny, but i`ve heard it gives it more travel then it does out of the box is this true

4. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*
    So, can the G-19 also undergo a trigger job to make the pull smoother and more effortless?

Yes, mine are 2lbs w/the take up removed. Who to send them to: don't know I do my own triggers.

Everyone says Charlie Vanek sells a excellent trigger:

http://www.vanekcustom.com/

5. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

Duck, it would be AWESOME if you posted what you do to your triggers. Jes sayin' :wavey:

6. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

2 lb Glock trigger?

I want one for the G35 I am working on getting.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

:thumbsup:

7. bentbiker

bentbiker

The 3.5 will introduce more creep (travel at the break) because of the shallower angle of the tang on the connector down which the trigger bar moves. You can avoid the creep by sticking with a 5.0 connector (like Ghost Tactical or std Glock) and swap a 6# trigger spring to reduce the pull slightly. You can eliminate the overtravel easily with either of the Ghost connectors, (Rocket or Tactical), the Glockworx trigger, or a LW trigger housing. Limiting pre-travel requires something like the Glockworx trigger or messing with the trigger housing, but if you ride the reset, it really only changes the first shot.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  8. Danel Boone

Danel Boone

Guys,
    Thanks for your help.
    I went to UTUBE, and with my 2 left hands there is no way I will get the G-17 back together after I mangle it when taking it apart.
    I will need to send it out, but it is nice to know that other have found the G triggers less than perfect.

Danel

9. MudTerrain

MudTerrain Batman w/ Guns

I thought the same thing at first. It seemed pretty intimidating...

However after completely taking apart the slide and frame a couple times... I can do it now without watching the vid on my laptop.:cool:

10. Danel Boone

Danel Boone

Duck of Death,

Those posts were a serious amount of reading. Much of what I read I did not fully understand, but in no way do I feel capable to drill holes, bend springs, etc. I am way out of my league.
    I read about the Varek Triggers, and then saw some information and triggers from Ghost Inc.
    I need to figure out the best way to go with those. Varek has an option of a polished or modified OEM firing pin ( in case it wasn't perfect due to the way it is produced) or he offers a lightened steel pin in his more expensive kit. What do you think?

Danel

11. bigleaf

bigleaf

I put the 3.5# Ghost Rocket connector and did the 25¢ trigger job on my 19. You need to fit it to your gun (you don't modify the gun at all, just the Ghost connector) but it's pretty easy, with complete instructions.

The difference with the Ghost is that there's an overtravel stop built right into the connector. It REALLY made a nice difference for me. It was very accurate to begin with, but after the Ghost, it tightened up noticeably. Kept the overtravel on the trigger pull from pulling shots low as the bullet was leaving the barrel, I think. I am very happy. Fixing to do it on my 26, too.

12. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Bill Springfield at triggerworks.com

13. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Danell Boone
    When I do a trigger job I cut 7 coils off the OEM firing pin spring and lighten the OEM firing pin. If you run a lighter firing pin spring by all means get a lighter firing pin.