Trigger choices

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by model_19, Oct 16, 2010.

1. model_19

model_19 Glock-a-feller

Yo fellaz;:cool:

Got a question about your trigger choices.
    when /i got my first G19 about 4 years ago, i had a 3.5 connector installed to replace the 5 pounder that is came with from the factory. Loved it at first pull.
    Did the same to my G23, and G21.
    Then I made the mistake of reading on this forum about different setups y'all are using. i read about the 3.5 connector, and NY1 trigger spring, and how great is was.
    Well, not being actually able to feel the pull of this combo, I ordered 3 NY1 springs, and installed them in all three Glocks that I own.

Don't like it. :dunno:

I disassemble the G21, and G23, and take out the NY1's, and install the 5 pounder back in the G21, and the 3.5 alone in the 23. The 19 I leave with the NY 1 and 3.5.

All three go to the range today
    While the 3.5 is a great smooth LIGHT trigger, at times, to me, it seems too light. So.....

What to do?

I have come to the decision that the NY1/#.5 connector setup us not for me, but understand how it could be a good idea for a duty weapon.
    The 3.5 alone, with stock spring is the fa shizzle in the 23. best trigger in my carry gun
    The factory 5 and factory spring work 'ok' in the G21, as a 'woods gun', HD gun.

The 19 has been placed back to the 3.5 and factory spring, but I'd like to use this gun as the 'experimental', if y'all have a better trigger set up.

Let me know what you are using.

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

I use 3.5 lb Scherer in pistols I might carry (G23 or G19). In my full size pistols (G17s) which are just for competition I have the 3.5 lb Scherer and the Glock Works competition spring kit. My G35 I left alone as it was great straight from the factory.

3. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

I hope you get some good answers. I'm having trouble with both of my new guns...spring-wise and connector-wise; similar to your's.
    sonnytoo

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  4. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

I have Ghost Rocket 3.5lbs in combination with 6lb trigger spring (easier take up) and 6lb striker spring (reduces chances of light strikes). The overall result is a 4 to 4.5 pull with very clean break (Ghost connector is better IMO than LWD or Glock 3.5's) and no over travel. To insure the pull is as smooth as it can be ,It's important that all the metal surfaces on the trigger bar, connector, safety plunger, and the striker are polished including the top edge of the trigger bar that rides the top of the connector (should use a very fine stone to smooth the rough parts with stamping marks). The only metal that should not be touched is the inside part of the lug that the rear of the cruciform rides up while pulling the striker back. If the inside of the lug is smoothed you risk light strikes. IMO this will make the trigger on the Glock as smooth,crisp and short as it can be without paying 150.00+ for an aftermarket trigger. The cost is 26.00 for the Ghost Rocket $6.00 for 2 springs some metal polish and an hour of time.

5. 1911master

1911master

I run the 3.5 connector and 4# striker spring in my Glock 22s and 27s. I ran this same set up in my 17s when I was shooting 9mm. I have never had any problems with any of my Glock pistols. I do realize that this set up is not for everyone for everyday carry but coming from a 1911 format I really like it.

6. ross2004

ross2004 Mark it zero!

For my gun, which is used for competition only:

-Glock OEM "-" connector
    -Wolff Competition Spring Kit
    -DIY lightened firing pin
    -LWD over-travel stop (waste)

Everything has been sanded smooth and polished. Crispy clean break, although I don't have a way to measure the pull weight. But no matter, it's right where I want it. If it wasn't a "Production" gun I would get rid of the pre-travel and be completely satisfied with the trigger, but oh well.

7. twag4

twag4

In my G22 i have a glock "-" connector with a glockmeister competition trigger spring. Beautiful setup. Stock connector with glockmeister comp spring in the G27. Very nice for CC.

8. curriek

curriek

I have tried the Scherer 3.5, Ghost Ultimate 3.5, and Ghost Tactical 5.0. I like and prefer the Ghost 5.0. Use it on my duty G22.

9. bentbiker

bentbiker

I agree. And for a slightly lighter pull, add the competition spring.

10. model_19

model_19 Glock-a-feller

Thank you for all of your answers so far;
    Seems alot of the answers were also for 'competition guns.

How about everyday carry guns?
    I've also read about the .25 cent trigger job, and planned to attempt it on the G19. Worst case scenario, I just have to get new internals for the Gen 2 G19. no biggie.

11. ross2004

ross2004 Mark it zero!

Just remember that if you polish a rough surface, all you have is a shiny rough surface. Polishing is merely the last step in the process (if you want to do it right).

12. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

13. reloader550

reloader550

I have the NY1 spring and factory glock minus (-) connector in my carry G17,and feel this is the best set up for my taste.The standard factory connector with the NY1 spring is, in my opinion,too heavy, and the NY2 spring should not even be made. The set up in my G17 keeps the trigger close to a DAO semi auto,and revolver feel that I like, along with the consistant feel in trigger pull weight from start to end that this combo has to offer.

14. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

I have noticed a 'bump' on Glock OEM 4.5 and 5.5 Lb connectors where the trigger bar contacts it. Should/may that be taken down with an Arkansas stone prior to polishing without any ill effects?