Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished cleaning my 43 x and in the process of putting that one important drop of oil between the trigger bar and connector I set the trigger and simply pulled it before reattaching the frame to the slide. I did so because I didn't think it would be wise to reattach the slide without pulling the trigger, although somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I had seen some saying that wasn't the best idea. Any thoughts? I just want to take the best care of it I can.

·
In The Saddle
8,641 Posts
Don't keep doing it, and if it works and goes bang, don't worry about. You are not the first, and won't be the last, to have done it! I'm sure your fine. Slide back on, function check, if all goes click and works, there ya go...

CM
:horse:

Reactions: Paul53

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,903 Posts
Glocks = reliability, low maintenance, forgiving. Enjoy your 43.

Reactions: 72Cheyenne

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Pulling on a loaded trigger bar while the slide is off the frame can damage the frame at the spot where the trigger safety impacts the frame. Enough damage and the safety will no longer block the trigger sufficiently. If a person resets the trigger with the slide off the frame, just push forward on the trigger bar FP safety tab to unload spring pressure on the trigger bar trigger safety, and hold the trigger safety down. Then ease the tension off of the trigger while holding the trigger safety, and the trigger bar will go back to it's unloaded (fired) position. Easy, cheesy, and no damage done to the frame.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Pulling on a loaded trigger bar while the slide is off the frame can damage the frame at the spot where the trigger safety impacts the frame. Enough damage and the safety will no longer block the trigger sufficiently. If a person resets the trigger with the slide off the frame, just push forward on the trigger bar FP safety tab to unload spring pressure on the trigger bar trigger safety, and hold the trigger safety down. Then ease the tension off of the trigger while holding the trigger safety, and the trigger bar will go back to it's unloaded (fired) position. Easy, cheesy, and no damage done to the frame.
Not true at all. None of mine have been damaged in 20 years.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Just hold the trigger bar and ease it forward while pulling the trigger.I do it all the time while cleaning to check function.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
russel: I said can damage. If you haven't had any damage done, then you are GtG. I have seen a Gen3 that was wiped out by pulling the trigger numerous times while the slide was off. The owner wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, if you know what I mean.
Thanks.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts