Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to start by saying I am a Glock armorer and know at least the gen 5 intimately. I am having an issue where my trigger bar does not pop all the way up if the trigger is held to the rear of the gun. I am using a standard 5.5 connector, OEM trigger assembly gen 5 g45 frame an gen 5 g19 slide. Let’s remove the slide from the equation as I can replicate this problem with out the slide by holding the trigger to the rear and releasing tension on the connector. it starts to pop up and then hangs up somewhere.

things I have ruled out:

the slide as I can replicate without the slide

connector bend angle is as it should be and can also be replicated with multiple connectors.

when checking for frame pinching between connector and frame by pulling trigger bar forward slightly and letting go it moves back with out any catching or stalling.

trigger return spring is properly installed

Have tested with multiple trigger housings

connector is all the way in housing, fits tight and does not catch on the trigger housing

happens with multiple trigger bars so that is ruled out
__
I think there is an issue somewhere in the frame, I can take all these different trigger bars, connectors etc and put them into my g19 frame and there is no problem. These are all OEM parts.

Is there anywhere on the left side of the frame that the cruciform of the trigger bar can hang up on?

could there be a tolerance issue between the trigger pin holes and the housing pin holes?

I am completely stumped I have spent hours and hours trying to identify the issue and I just can’t figure it out.

I know I can send it to glock but I’d like to avoid that if there is a simple fix so please don’t suggest that. At the end of the day if I can’t figure it out that is what I will do

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The reset spring in a Glock is the striker spring.
Have you tried a different, fully populated slide on the problem child ?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t have another slide that would fit, the problem is not the slide. I know how all the springs work in the glock. The problem can be replicated without any slide on the gun.

Before the striker picks up the cruciform, the trigger bar pops up as the slide travels to the rear it cams the connector inward which causes the trigger bar/cruciform to kick up to be in position to grab the striker lug. The problem is the trigger bar is getting caught somewhere and not popping up fully as the slide travels to the rear or also without the slide on the gun if I push the connector out of the way completely with my finger , even pushing it past the point the slide would, the trigger bar/cruciform does not pop up completely

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
No the striker spring is the striker spring.

The small S coil spring that hooks onto the cruciform of the Gen 4 and earlier Glocks is the reset spring. On the Gen 5 the reset spring was changed to a new compression spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Thewoods, how I have missed you, I had the unfortunate pleasure of reading your insult as I clicked my email informing me of the other reply from someone actually trying to help and opening the forum in a browser I wasn’t logged in too.

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. I am an armorer albeit a new one, I can order parts straight from glock and have helped some friends with their issues, but you can go on trolling me ina void I’ll never see.

anyway good talking to you, hope your p365 trigger return spring lasts more then 3,000 rounds, take care

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I don’t have another slide that would fit, the problem is not the slide. I know how all the springs work in the glock. The problem can be replicated without any slide on the gun.

Before the striker picks up the cruciform, the trigger bar pops up as the slide travels to the rear it cams the connector inward which causes the trigger bar/cruciform to kick up to be in position to grab the striker lug. The problem is the trigger bar is getting caught somewhere and not popping up fully as the slide travels to the rear or also without the slide on the gun if I push the connector out of the way completely with my finger , even pushing it past the point the slide would, the trigger bar/cruciform does not pop up completely
Now the mag release on Gen 5 can be flipped to a left hand function, correct ?
In Gen4 I believe this feature first appeared and that bump on the trigger bar also appeared.
I believe this was intended to maintain bar alignment when if the Lefty condition.

Could your trigger bar issue be anything to do with that ?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now the mag release on Gen 5 can be flipped to a left hand function, correct ?
In Gen4 I believe this feature first appeared and that bump on the trigger bar also appeared.
I believe this was intended to maintain bar alignment when if the Lefty condition.

Could your trigger bar issue be anything to do with that ?
the trigger bar is flexing somehow, I am starting to think my pin holes may have just the slightest tweak to them allowing the bar to flex and hang up near the birds beakand getting caught somewhere, gun is setup for right hand use and no magazine is in the equation during this issue

·
MacGyver
8,471 Posts
How does this translate to functionality? I don't understand this "pop up" business.
What is the trigger doing when you've cycled the slide, and let up off the trigger? Not resetting?

Did it ever work normally, and then stopped? or never worked?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How does this translate to functionality? I don't understand this "pop up" business.
What is the trigger doing when you've cycled the slide, and let up off the trigger? Not resetting?

when the slide travels back and hits the connector that is what allows the cruciform to pop up and get in position to grab the striker lug. That is what is not happening properly. the gun still functions but it does not function the way it is suppose to. It is possible for the gun not to reset. The reason it still functions is because after it sticks if you start to let off pressure it will usually reset but if the slide is already back forward then it will not reset as the striker lug has already passed the cruciform

·
Private side
12,100 Posts
I haven’t been to armorer school since 1994 so the 5th Gen functioning is relatively new to me.

How did you discover this problem? Was the gun malfunctioning?

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
When exactly did these problems first show up?

Do you have another trigger mech housing [complete], you can install?
Do you have a new slide stop you can try?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
when the slide travels back and hits the connector that is what allows the cruciform to pop up and get in position to grab the striker lug. That is what is not happening properly. the gun still functions but it does not function the way it is suppose to. It is possible for the gun not to reset. The reason it still functions is because after it sticks if you start to let off pressure it will usually reset but if the slide is already back forward then it will not reset as the striker lug has already passed the cruciform
List what would keep the trigger bar/cruciform from rising up to start the reset process :

Broken or malfunctioning trigger spring (in a Gen5 debris in the TMH)
Excessive rubbing along the frame
Something wrong with the camming action on the connector (connector lobe or cam cut in slide)
Connector angle (I know you checked this)
Wrong trigger assembly (it happens)

I know you've changed out parts, but maybe you should look again.
Since the spring powering the rising of the cruciform is the trigger spring, maybe there is some debris or a burr in your Gen5 TMH ?

I don't have a Gen5 to look at, but the design looks like it could be fouled by debris.

·
MacGyver
8,471 Posts
The reason I ask the above question is: did you dis- and re- assemble the frame before this "issue" reared it's head? To what extent did you tear it down?
So NOW, it is functioning like near normal, but has the "possibility" of not resetting? Does it feel like a very soft, subtle, reset click - vs. a hard factory Glock one?

In previous gens, the angle of the connector to the TMH was one reason for the trigger not to reset. The function of the connector (as a leaf spring) has not changed in Gen5- it has to interact with the trigger bar. Perhaps the connector (a a leaf spring) was flexed inward towards the TMH when it was put back, or seated too deep into the TMH. Easy to just slightly open that angle (just a few microns at a time) so it "pops" with the trigger bar beak - the reset click will get less subtle.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven’t been to armorer school since 1994 so the 5th Gen functioning is relatively new to me.

How did you discover this problem? Was the gun malfunctioning?
I discovered it when dry firing, it felt abnormal when racking the slide, it function but if I pin the trigger to the rear with extra force it can cause it to stick and fall off the striker as it goes into battery which can cause a double fire or run away. It hasn’t malfunctioned in actual fire but this should not happen, I cannot replicate with any other frame.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The reason I ask the above question is: did you dis- and re- assemble the frame before this "issue" reared it's head? To what extent did you tear it down?
So NOW, it is functioning like near normal, but has the "possibility" of not resetting? Does it feel like a very soft, subtle, reset click - vs. a hard factory Glock one?

In previous gens, the angle of the connector to the TMH was one reason for the trigger not to reset. The function of the connector (as a leaf spring) has not changed in Gen5- it has to interact with the trigger bar. Perhaps the connector (a a leaf spring) was flexed inward towards the TMH when it was put back, or seated too deep into the TMH. Easy to just slightly open that angle (just a few microns at a time) so it "pops" with the trigger bar beak - the reset click will get less subtle.
I have used a spare connector and adjust both inward and outward. Does not fix it. It seems like the trigger bar is flexing on a way causing it to hang Up. The right side starts to pop up and the left side angles downward, when I release rearward pressure it will typically pop back up as it should

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[
When exactly did these problems first show up?

Do you have another trigger mech housing [complete], you can install?
Do you have a new slide stop you can try?
I have tried other housings, same problem

I first noticed it during dry fire

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m really starting to thing the pin holes may be just enough out of wack that it’s causing the trigger bar to flex in an abormal way, I am pretty sure I have ruled out everything else, I’m starting to think my only option is to contact glock, if I could see where it was hanging up I was just gonna fix it myself.

the birds beak moves back and fourth freely so I don’t think it’s catching on that rear tab but I don’t know what else it could be catching on. I can see it flexing so the flex is causing it to catch something

·
Registered
3 Posts
On another forum you posted that it only happens when you use a Johnny Glock flat trigger and trigger bar… not sure what you expect Glock to do about that when stock parts work as they should

1 - 20 of 39 Posts