GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Hogue grip for it. It was a beotch to get on. After i was done, I was reminded why some finger grooves on Glocks force my middle finger up against the trigger guard. It basically sucked.

Going to try to return it.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
Definitely honing the strong side of the wife's 48 TG. It doesn't hurt as much as the full size Glocks, but it's there. She had a nice imprint after shooting a 50 rd box of PMC ball.

Sorry to be a (generally speaking, here) first response thread hog but is anyone else up? Some of you must have over done it at the Halloween costume contests last night.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
if your looking for a non-slip grip, try a length of bicycle inner tube as a grip sleeve.

it probably won't be much easier to get on the grip frame but you can get several grip sleeves from a single inner tube, all my Glocks have them.

I use 26" inner tubes size 1.75to 2.25 for double stackers and 1.25 to 1.375 for single stackers.

·
Registered
26,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your looking for a non-slip grip, try a length of bicycle inner tube as a grip sleeve.

it probably won't be much easier to get on the grip frame but you can get several grip sleeves from a single inner tube, all my Glocks have them.

I use 26" inner tubes size 1.75to 2.25 for double stackers and 1.25 to 1.375 for single stackers.
That might be an option. I have to qualify with my G48 the week after next. Have to fire between 250 and 300 rounds. That many rounds will sure bring up any grip issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Grip tape, 10 bucks a sheet from ebay.

Reactions: Detectorist

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I bought a Talon grip for mine but after a few trips to the range getting to know it I decided to not install the Talon grip (come to think , I wonder where I put it...) so my G48 is all stock.

·
Registered
26,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone cut the top finger groove off a Hogue grip?

·
Man, I'm Pretty
29,975 Posts
Learn to grip the gun properly. The grip on the those guns is not slick.

You should be gripping the gun so tight with your left hand that after 50 - 100 rounds you need to take a break.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,014 Posts
Purchased a Hogue grip for it. It was a beotch to get on. After i was done, I was reminded why some finger grooves on Glocks force my middle finger up against the trigger guard. It basically sucked.

Going to try to return it.
I love the pebble texture but wish they didn’t have the finger grooves and lower side swell.

·
Registered
580 Posts
>>Maybe just a Talon grip wrap?<<
I Talonize every gun that will accept it, and I have one on order for my G48. I just like the feel and texture of them. (rubber)

Reactions: Detectorist

·
Controller
2,600 Posts
That hogue grip sucked for me...it gets really slippery in your hand when you get sweaty....then the grip will start to twist and move on the gun itself....no thanks!

I have been using talon on all my carry guns for the last probably close to 10 years, way better in every way and add zero bulk to the grip
9C915984-0B02-4A4B-BDD8-1512074F00FB.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts