Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to try out my new 40-9mm lone wolf conversion barrel and new titanium firing pin in my G27. First the conversion barrel. Had problems with the brass landing on my head and shoulders with every round. The other problem failure to eject fired brass. Shot 100 9mm rounds wwb and had 4 failures. Will a 9mm ejector fix this problem? I did use a 9mm mag with it.

I love the titanium firing pin. It does fire faster. Shot it with .40's.

:steamed:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't wanna sound rude so please don't take it the wrong way its the shooter not the gun... I have the 40-9 lone wolf conversion and titanium firing pin and a few other upgrades and its shoots fine when I use it BUT my buddy shoots it he gets brass in the face and jams on hem just like you. its the way he holds it. he allows it to flip up when he fires. don't let it kick up like the .40 dos and it will not jam and throw brass in your face

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't wanna sound rude so please don't take it the wrong way its the shooter not the gun... I have the 40-9 lone wolf conversion and titanium firing pin and a few other upgrades and its shoots fine when I use it BUT my buddy shoots it he gets brass in the face and jams on hem just like you. its the way he holds it. he allows it to flip up when he fires. don't let it kick up like the .40 dos and it will not jam and throw brass in your face
Thanks I'll give it a try again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow!!! Hold it wrong, fail to eject, hold it wrong get hit in the face with brass... :wow:

As long as that conversion is only for plinking who cares? I wouldn't use that for SD if my life.... well... depended on it...

Better grip that baby tight next time.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Would doing that make brass eject towards your face?

·
20,411 Posts
You must be a very sensitive man to be able to judge the time a firing pin travels 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brass doesn't hit me in the face it lands on top of my head and shoulders.

Anyway I ordered a 9mm extractor and will try it again. Will let you know the results.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
The ejector is different also. As long as it extracted ok and you did'nt have stove pipes, it's probably the ejector which is cheaper than an extractor. The 26 and 27 up till and including G3 use the same recoil assembly so weak factory ammo can be ruled out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts