GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm really pleased to hear all of this. I had looked at the Pyramid Triggers at GlockStore, but was unimpressed with them. Especially for the money. I also could not get consistent information about the trigger bar. Is it OEM, or a propriatery one they manufacture?
Anyway, stopping to pick up an Apex this morning...

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
^ there is about 1/16'' clearance....so no.
Now I'm a bit concerned, I'm using one of the Polymer80 frames and I think the trigger well is slightly smaller. I wonder now if this trigger may be slightly too long due to it being flat. I'm sitting here in front of the gun store now waiting for them to open. Hopefully it will fit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
^ there is about 1/16'' clearance....so no.
thanks. it just looked in the picture that it would rub on the guard. has anyone run this trigger with a 3.5# disconnect?

·
Banned
2,903 Posts
thanks. it just looked in the picture that it would rub on the guard. has anyone run this trigger with a 3.5# disconnect?
The APEX was designed to enhance mechanical advantage.

ie: leverage to lighten the pull.

Not even close to rubbing. Trigger face is wider as well, no ridges.

·
Registered
322 Posts
so I got some parts for my glock 23 gen 2. I put in a apex trigger with the 3rd gen trigger connector bar, installed a zev 3.5 lb connector and spring kit for the connector / plunger / striker spring. I also swapped to an apex low weight plunger and a glock extended slide stop and installed an extended slide lock release. I really like the trigger pull, not super light but very crisp and controllable.

I would recommend the apex glock trigger to anyone looking for a metal wider flatter trigger. I bought mine with the gen 3 glock trigger connector attached so I can easily swap it back if I want.
Dropped in the Apex tactical trigger in both my 23 and 27. Love 'em, it has changed the entire feel of the trigger. I've always loved the flat trigger on 1911's, the Apex trigger gives a somewhat similar feel to my glocks. This, of course, is simply due to the changing of the geometry of the trigger itself. The trigger pull hasn't been lightened, it is just a smoother, better feel.

·
Registered
445 Posts
IMG_1095.JPG

I'm COMPLETELY satisfied with mine. At first I was afraid of justifying the cost but it was definitely a worthy upgrade.
Now I need to upgrade my sights for my Birthday at the end of May.

·
I feel pretty.
3,056 Posts
How thick is the width of the triggers safety lever?

The Zev safety is way too wide and my finger sinks into it and it distracts me. It would also be nice if the safety bottomed out flat, and wouldn't sink farther in than the triggers face.

It looks thin enough:

If the safety lever is no thicker than the stock plastic one, guess who's idea that was?

·
I feel pretty.
3,056 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wue
There is no rubbing issue. And no mods to the stock glock to install the trigger. I changed out some other stuff but the trigger made the gun feel like a much more expensive gun in 15 minutes.
Question: Does the apex trigger change the trigger reset?Or does it enhance the reset? I'm thinking of trying the Sec trigger system on my 23 gen 3 and if I like the my 22 gen 2 and 27 gen 3.

Can't get a Gen 4 here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same trigger with gen 3 trigger bar on my g23 gen 4. It eliminates the grittiness that comes with the standard glock gen 4 trigger bar. It felt much smoother but no difference in trigger pull into I changed striker spring. Plunger spring. And disconnector to a ghost who elite. Now it feel like butter every time I pull the trigger. I'm at more or less 3.5 lbs of pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best glock trigger is the apex ... awesome
Sorry to bump a 3+ year old thread but I want to put an Apex trigger/bar into my gen 2 G23. I asked Apex about the fitment in a gen 2 G23. They told me they haven't tried any of their triggers in anything pre-gen 3. You have had no issues in the gen 2? It was a direct replacement? Thanks in advance!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts