Tried a new apex trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by quantico, Feb 22, 2017.

1. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

so I got some parts for my glock 23 gen 2. I put in a apex trigger with the 3rd gen trigger connector bar, installed a zev 3.5 lb connector and spring kit for the connector / plunger / striker spring. I also swapped to an apex low weight plunger and a glock extended slide stop and installed an extended slide lock release. I really like the trigger pull, not super light but very crisp and controllable.

I would recommend the apex glock trigger to anyone looking for a metal wider flatter trigger. I bought mine with the gen 3 glock trigger connector attached so I can easily swap it back if I want.

2. quantico

I bought a new glock 32 barrel so that I can carry 357 sig which I like a lot. I am running a new glock standard recoil spring , but I likely will go to a metal guide rod.

3. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

I have heard only good things about the Apex trigger!

Reb Tyree likes this.
  4. Willie B

Willie B

I have Apex triggers in most of my Glock's. The bad thing about doing one is it ruins your perception of the standard trigger. I recently installed a Zev in one of my 23s and I'm afraid there might be more on the horizon.

Reb Tyree and rkh450 like this.
  5. quantico

At some point you shoot a bone stock glock again and the trigger feels like pulling a cat off of a screen door.

83wide, 6Actual, Gfive45 and 7 others like this.
  6. venenoindy

venenoindy

I put an Apex trigger in my 34 with a Ghost edge (non adjustable) and couldn't be happier.

Chaos Cosmonaut and rkh450 like this.
  7. quantico

8. quantico

Plus it looks great.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I've got one I'm my 23, but no internal changes. It's a comfortable trigger. I only wish Glock would fix their triggers so the trigger safety fully recess when pulled.

Gen IV and certifiedfunds like this.
  10. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I agree with Bucky, what I thought was the grooved trigger causing pain in my trigger finger, I now think it is the safety sticking out more than the trigger face.
    I have long fingers, and learned to shoot a 1911 with just the tip of my finger, because I would be pushing shots to the left.
    I have learned to shoot Glocks the same way, and the safety hurts after a while. I changed out a couple of triggers to a smooth face, and it didn't help much.
    I don't want to get started buying new triggers for all my Glocks. Guess I need to start sanding and polishing trigger safeties.

whirlibird likes this.
  11. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I shoot with the tip of my trigger finger as well. I thought it was the grooved trigger as well, but replaced it with a factory smooth trigger, and still got the discomfort after prolonged shooting. Perhaps this method of shooting is why the non-recessed trigger blade is effecting us more than others.

I tried sanding the trigger on my 19 and that seemed to work well, but still not as comfortable as the Apex. Still, the Apex isn't cheap, and it does scream "modified gun". (BTW: Let's not dirty this thread by debating the implications of that here. There is an ongoing thread to discuss your opinions on this. https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ar...-shoot-someone-with-a-customized-gun.1650771/
    )

12. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

For most shooters with hands large enough to hold a Glock properly, it probably makes sense to vary position of the trigger finger. It's probably easiest to press the trigger straight back somewhere near the middle of the pad. And it's probably easiest to shoot fast splits up near the tip.

The unmodified trigger safety causes a number of problems. It's uncomfortable, gives negative feedback, is difficult to change indexes on, etc. You have to be careful about changing it if you're working with rules that restrict external modifications. But even in that case, you can make vast improvements in just a few minutes.

13. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Mr Quantico - You sir, now owe me $.050 worth of Windex for cleaning my left LCD panel... :)

Masterful use of English!
    Judges Score: 9.275

quantico and WeeWilly like this.
  14. quantico

Check is coming for your windex expendature.

Pierre! likes this.
  15. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

pthttht HAHAHAHAH! I like this one.

And I concur about the apex. I run them on all my carry weapons. x2 19s, and a 17. I run a zev on my competition gun. If you're looking for a more comfortable, and slightly smoother trigger that still uses OEM parts to maintain reliability, you can't beat the Apex.

Pierre! likes this.
  16. Featherweight

Featherweight

Careful with the striker spring. I did the Zev and had a couple of FTF. Went back stock on that part. I have overwatch tac trigger, Zev race connector and Zev trigger spring and mine is crisp.

17. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

They make more than one weight. I find that with the #2 spring, you can get light primer strikes, even with a lightened firing pin. (this has been my experience). I now run the #3 spring, and have zero issues. (race gun, not carry gun)

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

My trigger finger has a callous on it from the thing

19. ArmyGasPasser

ArmyGasPasser Retired Army LTC

I have the same trigger in my gen 4 Glock 23. A gunsmith friend of mine did it for me. I agree, very nice trigger

20. rkh450

rkh450

That's right, Sig's aren't the only interchangeable guns, glock's have been like this for a long time. 357 Sig is a nice carry size bullet :)