close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Treyvon's Parents?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mgs, Jul 19, 2012.

1. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Reaching for straws or sincere? FOX is giving them their time to respond. I say their son was a punk that got killed by saying "you're going to die tonight". Only Zimmerman knows the truth and will have to live with it.

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Why do you care? Did their son not die a death more horrible than Sly Stallone's son?

Who the hell knows what Martin said to Zimmerman?

Martin did not have an active role in his church choir, and guess what? Neither did Zimmerman. I REFUSE to use either of these two idiots to be a rallying point for anything in my life.

3. Restless28

Restless28

Kind of a contradictory post, OP.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Its Trayvon, at least spell the boy's name right.

Or use his twitter handle: @No_Limit_Nword

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Sorry for the typo.....I think we all care that both sides get a voice but showing a 5 year old pictures of your little son puts a slant on his current status. We all change with good & bad experiences.

6. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Why do they have to get their time on Fox? They've been on every other channel being hailed as the father & son of Jesus Christ Jr.

7. eruby

eruby

Treyvon Martin, like Generalisimo Francisco Franco, is still dead.

In Pace Requiscat.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The aggravating part about their interview is that they will speculate about what they "think" must have happened. They won't have any fact basis for what they'll claim, and people will eat it up and it will make any intelligent person angry to watch. That's my prediction.

I also agree with Drain You - the only reason for Zimmerman's attorney and him to agree to a TV interview is that the parents' side has already gotten a MASSIVE amount of free press to push their side, regardless of the lack of evidence to support them.

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I actually don't care for either side. I understand the pain Martin's parents are feeling, and I understand how completely upside down Zimmerman's life has become.

Outside of that, my feelings for THEM is on the same level as for Hilton (Paris) or Chavez.

If Martin's parents feel he was unjustly killed they are free to use whatever lawful means of persuasion are at their disposal. I would wish you, and grant you that same basic human right.

If Zimmerman feel that his life was threatened, and he had no alternative but to defend himself with deadly force, he too is also free to use whatever lawful means are at his disposal to convince a judge or jury of that belief/fact.

- G

10. rahrah12

rahrah12

I don't care to hear anything more on this story until the trial...Zimmerman has given his story...Martin's parents have given their thoughts...

They aren't the first or last parents that will fight for and believe what they want about their child...and I don't fault them for that.

The rest of us should just sit back and wait for the trial...neither deserve that much attention right now IMO...

11. moeman

moeman

Hers's my 1,2,3 on your post.

1. (Assuming your parents love you) Why don't you ask them what they would do if you were killed unarmed by a guy whom stalked you simply because he didn't like your looks, when you were doing nothing wrong and was instucted by the police TWICE to back off? Would they be as calm as the boy's parents, seek the others blood, nothing...? I think Trayvon's parents have been pretty well behaved--I would not be able to suck it up as well as they have.

2. Why are you on Zimmerman's side? Asswipe murderers like him and Rodriguez in Texas are likely to f up all the respnsible gun owners rights. It is like sticking up for a drunk driver who killed someone because you drink liqour too.

3. You understand that Fox is an opinion channel not reporting channel right? They are a propaganda arm. So why would his parents go there?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  12. Ironbar

Ironbar

I just love people who are able to jump to a conclusion without actually having been there as a witness.

13. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

So much FAIL! in one post I don't know where to begin.

14. zhix

zhix

15. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

That's what I thought too. "I Say...." and then, "Nobody knows but Zimmerman"

16. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

To be quite fair, only Zimmerman has made that assertion. And he has good reason to lie about it.

17. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

+1. Good post.

One thing to remember is that a certain percentage of the Pro George crowd do NOT have kids so they can NOT understand what Martin's family is going through.

They want to whine about the "facts" but have failed to look at the facts themselves.

Martin was a 17yo boy. He wasn't a thug or a thug wannabe, just a typical 17yo boy. He played sports, had a girlfriend and like most teenagers he posted stuff on Facebook and twitter.

The only thing on Martin's school record was the incident of the school finding a Baggie in his locker with traces of THC and without any legal means to prove that it belonged to Martin. Martin could have been holding for a friend or someone could have placed it there without his knowledge.

All the other "claims" about Martin have proven to be false and fabricated, like the "claim" that he was caught by school police with a large screwdriver and stolen jewelry. What a joke. This "story" has been posted all over the 'Net by Martin Haters and it's total BS because there never was a police report filed nor was the screwdriver, stolen jewelry or they gym bag taken from Martin.

That "story" is pure BS but without any proof the Martin Haters still want to believe it happened.

Same with the "story" about Martin reffing street fights. Somebody found a vid on YouTube of a skinny Urkel looking black kid and posted it on a right-wing forum and presto! It's Martin! Wait! How could that possible have been Martin? The skinny Urkel looking black kid was like 5' 9" tall and weighed a buck 25 while Martin, according the the Martin Haters was 6' 2" and 230lbs, even though the police, county coronor, funeral home director, etc stated he was 5' 11" and 159lbs.

If all the Martin Haters will leave their Mom's basement, stop believing that Rush's and Sean's radio show is the real news and will realize the it's less factual than Bull Maher or Howard Stern, they and the rest of society will be better off in the long run.

Spyder

P.S. Dang! It's good to back in the USA! We just flew into Atlanta Intern'l airport and waiting to catch a commercial flight back to Arkansas.

18. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

You left out... and then proceed to pound the living bejeezus outta him, I think, didn't you? A point that Martins family and attornies seem to leave out every time I see them on the tube. Why? (well Doh! Small wonder) Some would argue that pounding the living bejeezus out of someone who is following you in a neighborhood where break ins have been occurring as of late is a real good way to get dead fast.

Or perhaps the "stalker", as you put it, wishes to relieve you of all your goods you are carrying, in which case, getting home right now and indoors might be a better alternative to confronting them and pounding the bejeezus out of them, I'd opine. Because you can get dead right there, from doing that, as we all know.

In any case, this appears to be a polarizing case with strong opinions on each side.

He should of stayed in the car. He should not have had a gun. He murdered an unarmed kid. He is a wanna be cop poser. etc. The kid was a thug who assaulted his school bus driver. TM's a wanna be dope dealing bad boy. My son was an angel. He was unarmed and minding his own business... (right up until he was not).

It might be that Z was acting as a concerned neighbor who watched things unfold too fast in an unexpected fashion and it cost one youngster his life and Z his freedom.

Let us see what the jury decides once they hear the facts they are presented. Or not.

19. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Completely emotional post.

20. Backfire_Tx

Backfire_Tx

Zimmerman stalked him AFTER the 911 call was made: Bad decision.

Martin retaliated and tried to beat his head in: Bad decision

Both men had a bad day - both made testosterone decisions. We all have done bone head moves in our lives that we shake our heads over once given more thought. "What was i thinking"?