Trey Gowdy speaks for the ghosts of Benghazi...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by tic-tok-GLOCK, Oct 7, 2015.

1. tic-tok-GLOCK

tic-tok-GLOCK

Here he asks the media hard Q's no one else will ask.

...it's hard to believe the incident is now over three years ago...with no one held responsible..

ancient_serpent, wingryder and DOC44 like this.
  2. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    That is the way it is when the whole party is based on un-accountability.

3. JBnTX

JBnTX

Trey Gowdy is a phony, running a political dog and pony show.

All he's doing is running out the clock until Obama is out of the White House.
    The order to stand down in Benghazi came straight from Obama himself.

Trey Gowdy has had three years to investigate what would take any competent investigator about one month to investigate.

cbetts1, SCGlock26, G17Jake and 2 others like this.
  4. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.&A.M.

Umm, yeah. Right.

ancient_serpent likes this.
  5. JBnTX

JBnTX

Do you disagree?

Trey Gowdy may be asking all the hard questions, but that's all he's doing.
    His news conference today was all about what he's going to do, and not one word about what he's already done.

He's interviewed extra witnesses, ok. Has he interviewed Hillary Clinton? Why bring her before Congress, again, and listen to her babble. Put her ass under oath and ask her hard, direct questions.

Get the truth, or at least put her in a position where she can be charged later with obstructing justice if she withholds information now.

Has Obama been interviewed? What did he know and when did he know it.

Any other American would have already be investigated, and charged or cleared.

NOTHING is being properly investigated in this country. Not fast and furious, not the IRS scandal, not Clinton's e-mails and certainly not Benghazi.

G17Jake, Fracball and stevelyn like this.
  6. tic-tok-GLOCK

tic-tok-GLOCK

7. JBnTX

JBnTX

Cambo and stevelyn like this.
  8. Tacoma

Tacoma

This is correct, Gowdy is a rino, just as are most of the house of representatives, they have no intentions of ever holding anyone accountable for anything, its all chimera!

SCGlock26 and Cambo like this.
  9. tic-tok-GLOCK

tic-tok-GLOCK

^ maybe they'll ask more detailed Q's this time.?

10. Deltic

Deltic

I am not quite clear on what you want him to do. Should he lead the congressional ninja team in raids on the state department and white house? The truth is the president is the most powerful man in the U.S. Any one congress critter is like an annoying fly unless he can get backing from the supreme court, the press or a majority in the house and a super majority in the senate.

11. JBnTX

JBnTX

First, you send all these investigations to an independent special prosecutor.
    The government cannot investigate itself.

Second, those involved should be treated like any other American citizen. If you or I were suspected of having classified material on our computers, a warrant would be issued and our computers seized. Right then and there.
    The investigators sent a letter to Hillary's attorney requesting copies of all her e-mails. WTF?

Third, you put the suspects under oath and you ask direct questions. There's a big difference between taking the 5th amendment, withholding information and perjury. Obstruction of justice is a crime.

Trey Gowdy is just wasting tax payer money.

Cambo likes this.
  12. Deltic

Deltic

An independent prosecutor is still paid by the .gov. His or her arm can be twisted. I would like to think we are all equal under the law but it seems that if you are in charge of the justice department you can pick who get prosecuted and who gets a pass. As I said you need some power behind you to challenge the powerful.

13. TxGun

TxGun

I will say up front, I am not an expert on this subject, or even close, however... not sure a committee chairman can appoint a special prosecutor. Might be wrong, but I think that only the president/DOJ/AG can do that...and, of course, the DOJ/AG typically (and especially in the administration) take their cues from the president. Until enough "compelling" evidence is presented (and they decide what is "compelling"), the DOJ/AG can sit on the sidelines. And a committee chairman is still limited in combating "slow walking" and the "losing" of evidence. The opposition floods you with excuses and the opposition party on your committee can often force you to "allow" this tactic, procedurally. A committee chairman is limited by the bi-partisan nature of all committees when considering subpoenas to compel testimony. And the 5th amendment remains powerful when you actually force people to appear. They can lie and/or withhold evidence, and unless you can prove they did so, they can skate. And, of course, even if you can "prove it", they will often return and say, "I'm terribly sorry, chairman Gowdy, I simply misremembered. There was no attempt to deceive you", and usually they will get cover from the members of their party on your committee.

My point is: Trey Gowdy, or any other committee chairman, is limited by the rules and by the support he gets from his committee members from across the aisle. We all like to think these guys can make it happen!, but unless there is a groundswell of bi-partisan support from Congress and/or possibly from constituents across the country forcing legislators to act, you are always limited. And that groundswell is lacking despite what I and millions of others consider to be "compelling" evidence of wrongdoing. Same thing with the SS/Lois Lerner scandal.

It's complicated. And, sure, there are reasons that it is. As frustrating as it can be, (and it often frustrates the hell out of me!) the system has worked pretty well for 225 years or so.

Personally, I think he's doing about all he can do given the limitations he has to deal with.

Again, I could be wrong about some of these particulars. If so, I welcome the education.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  14. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

So what exactly do you want Gowdy to do if the DOJ refuses to prosecute her?
    Pull a. 45 and shoot the bewitch in the head?

15. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

"Speaks for the ghosts do Bengazi"
    Hmm...attention grabbing
    ...heartstrings pulling.....
    ..patriotic....

Good soundbite/headline
    Unfortunately, that's all it is

16. wingryder

wingryder

Classic Drop mic moment!
    [​IMG]
    Trey Gowdy is the man... I am continually amazed at the level at which the media ignores this. Why is it that this speech isn't on the national news?

17. wingryder

wingryder

Its hard to procecute a criminal in charge of the system. The procecutors are bound to follow and uphold the law, and Obama realizes that only fools will follow the law and the crooks will rule. This is how the gun laws work. Pass laws that force all law abiding people to disarm, then only criminal will have guns. Tray Gowdy can't break the law to procecute but Obama and his administration can remain comfortably above the law.

stevelyn likes this.
  18. JBnTX

JBnTX

I can't believe the amount of defeatism in this thread.

You sound like a bunch of sheep that have just given up and accepted that the system is corrupt and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Your attitude makes the Clintons and the Obamas happy, and it gives Trey Gowdy the cover he needs as he runs out the clock.

Fracball likes this.
  19. glockman66

glockman66

20. BlueBacker

BlueBacker