Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Member ;P
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida and I'm traveling to SC this weekend. Is there anything I should know as farr as gun requirements crossing through GA and CCW in SC when I get there?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
If you have a Florida Permit, you can carry in Georgia, but not in South Carolina. You can have a loaded pistol in the pocket or console in SC.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Correct, Trunk, Console, or glove box. But if you go to NC, you have to move it out in the open. Dash, passanger seat, etc..... very odd. I travel there and forget to move it all the time.

·
Big Member ;P
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a Florida Permit, you can carry in Georgia, but not in South Carolina. You can have a loaded pistol in the pocket or console in SC.
Whats the difference between carrying in GA and carrying in SC in your pocket???? I'm confused.

·
NRA Member
68 Posts
Incorrect for the statements made about SC and NC.

I live in SC and CWP or not, you can still have a loaded handgun in the glovebox or console, but not in any door pocket.

As for NC, I recently traveld there and called the NC DOJ to clarify their stupid laws. Basically, if it is in the glove box, it is concealed (lets assume you don;t have a CWP)...if it is out on the dash, it is considered a "threat to a LEO."

I have a CWP for SC and NC carry, so I just had it in the console and took my chances that that classified as "on or about my person."

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Why not just call the proper authorities and get the correct info directly from "the horses mouth"

·
NRA Life Member
1,316 Posts
bryant is correct. In South Carolina,it is legal to carry a loaded weapon in a glove box, console, or any compartment that closes. It does NOT have to be locked. This applies whether you have a CWP or not. It is not OK to carry in a backpack, bag, purse, etc. It has to be a closed compartment like listed above.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Whats the difference between carrying in GA and carrying in SC in your pocket???? I'm confused.
Opps, I meant glove box or console. Don't know where pocket came from. GA has reciprocity with FL for concealed carry. NC also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts