close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trembling hands

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by wingz, Mar 8, 2006.

1. wingz

wingz speed not power

BOG Sirs,

Good day po sa inyong lahat, i have this problem that i know most professional /new shooters had experienced or still experiencing - "trembling hands' o "panginginig ng kamay" when shooting. pasmado kasi ang kamay ko. usually when i go to the range, nagtatago ako sa pinakadulong spot to avoid being looked or laughed at having these trembling hands, although i hit the target naman, dyahi pa rin kasi sa ibang makakakita. i'm really a lefty but changed to right hand shooting coz i can't imagine myself looking at my target like it was hit by a shotgun;f . After that, medyo nabawasan ang trembling pero meron pa rin, any help that you can suggest to reduce or if possible remove this trembling? Thanks

wingz

"one who asks is a fool for a minute; one who never asks is a fool forever."

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Do your hands tremble only when shooting or even when doing everyday stuff? Your problem may be medical and not just shooting related. If it only happens with a gun in your hand then you might be gripping too tight.

3. wingz

wingz speed not power

most of the times nagttremble ang left hand ko, pero sometimes it's controllable naman. pero pag nasa range na ko, di ko alam kung bakit mas malakas ang trembling. pero i've observe na after shooting some rounds for lets say 20 minutes ngssubside na yung panginginig, pero meron pa rin. parang nagwwarm up lang siguro or maybe i'm just conscious with the people around seeing i might not hit the target? i can't say naman na i'm gripping the gun too tight, kasi nga bago pa lang akong pumuputok, and i usually shoot slow, no rampant shooting. i take my time in pulling the trigger and i just let the shot went off, kaya alam ko relax lang po ang kamay ko.

4. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Maybe you could try dry firing your pistol at home against a safe backstop. With the pistol unloaded and no magazine inserted, lift your pistol with your dominant hand (use just one hand to build up muscle strength) and maintain a shooting stance for 10 slow counts, then lower your pistol. Repeat 20-30 times every night. You could mix it up a bit by exercising your non-dominant arm on alternate nights. If it helps bullseye pistol shooters to achieve a more stable shooting stance, it might just help you too.

Also, don't worry too much about having large groups. To build confidence, try shooting from a closer distance at first, say 6 feet. Then, after several practice sessions, when you're already confident about getting good groups, try moving the target a little farther away. And don't get conscious about what other shooters might think, we were all beginners once and we (if we are wise enough) should realize that there is always room to learn new things and to improve our skills.

Good luck with your practice.

5. wingz

wingz speed not power

mikey177 - you're the MAN! Thanks a lot sir.

6. jasonub

jasonub

try to relax. when you get to the range dont hurry in getting your gear just sit down for 5 mins doing nothing then slowly unpack.

after 20 mins or so start to shoot 1 shot on A, then another, then when trembling begins. unload and sit down and relax. then shoot again when you feel that the exitement has passed. then repeat as necessary

once the exitement dissapears, trembling should do too. If its trembling due to exitement.

Me i tremble all over when i know im going to get some;f

7. wingz

wingz speed not power

8. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Quit any caffeine.
    A good B-complex vitamin supplement can help.
    (With trembling hands, not with getting some :D)

9. mikol

mikol

10. jasonub

jasonub

lets just do the basic thing first at tsaka nalang natin gayahin si GM Jason sa pagiging mabilis at magaling. di ba idol?;f [/B][/QUOTE]

In trembling when getting some????;f ;f ;f sana di mabilis dahil bitin, just magaling at matagal :);)

11. wingz

wingz speed not power

12. wingz

wingz speed not power

In trembling when getting some????;f ;f ;f sana di mabilis dahil bitin, just magaling at matagal :);) [/B][/QUOTE]

-just wondering sir; what's in "getting some" that makes you tremble ;Q ?

13. wingz

wingz speed not power

to sir horge,

are you taking B-complex vitamin supplement sir? what brand?
    thanks.

wingz

14. mikol

mikol

O.T.
    wingz why not try the V6 Extra virgin Grape Seed Oil Extract or the Power-V Grape Seed. It is a powerful antioxidant. it's a potent food supplement in a 500 mg capsule.
    it is 20x more powerful than vit.-c & 50x more powerful than vit.-e.
    check out this websites for more infos.
    www.extrav6.com or www.mypowerlab.com
    this are just food supplements & not drugs or medicine. :)
    (sorry for the thread jacking guys. ;f )

15. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

One-Six-Twelve, half a tablet in the morning. I don't take it,
    but my mom does. Without it, she can't even sign her name
    ---the tremors are that bad. She's much older than you are, though,
    and in her case it has gotten worse over the years.

Even with it, if she's feeling stressed, mild tremors can set in,
    so in your case, everything the others have said about relaxing
    is important.

'Yung caffeine, it's a beta-blocker, so iwasan or bale wala din.
    Besides, caffeine on its own (as a stimulant) exacerbates hand tremors.

h.

16. wingz

wingz speed not power

BOG sirs,

Salamat ulit sa inyong walang sawang pagsubaybay at pagbibigay ;f(hanep!). you really are a great help mga sirs. dami ko ng natutunan sa inyo, i hope i can be a good shooter like you someday (kelan kaya yun?);g . and also provide infos to other guys who might need something of what i've learned from you. thanks good day.

wingz

17. isuzu

isuzu

Dont want to upset you, but have your trembling hands checked. It could be a more serious medical problem. My grandmother had those symptoms (tremors) before the doctor diagnosed her with Parkinsons disease. I hope it's not. Also, ask your relatives if anyone has had Parkinsons in the family.

It's better to detect it early than late.

18. jasonub

jasonub

-just wondering sir; what's in "getting some" that makes you tremble ;Q ? [/B][/QUOTE]

yung bawal na getting some makes me tremble with exitement;)

19. jhun

jhun

wingz,

kita ko your from makati, san ka normally pumuputok?

newbie ako & i shoot sa makati square armscor.

idea lang para nde ka nagtatago sa dulo to avoid being looked at....kung gusto mo pwede tayo magsabay. bawas hiya din yon! at dalawa na tayong pagtatawanan.. ;f

last time nandun ako (last saturday) meron ako na meet na BOGS, newbie din pero the company is well worth it.

20. wingz

wingz speed not power

jhun,

yes sir from makati, sa mcs/armscor din ako member+pumuputok.
    pag nakakauwi, minsan sa range sa min sa province. actually once pa lang ako pumunta at nagtago sa dulo sa armscor, bale last february 12th pagka release ng ptt ko takbo agad ako don. after that di pa uli ako nakabalik dahil sa work schedules ko. okay din yon sir na magsabay tayo pumunta sa range. Thanks