Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his killing was an 'accident'

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Apr 12, 2012.

1. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Double post...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

Here's how it went down.

George was a wanna be cop, like many of you on this forum, and was doing his neighborhood watch thing one night. He was carrying a weapon which he was illegally carrying due to his domestic violence misdemeanor, and saw a black kid walking down the other side of the road. Zimmerman called 911 and disobeyed the dispatcher. He went over to Martin and stopped him probably tellin him to get the hell out of the neighborhood. Martin punches Zimmerman in the face and Zimmerman kills Martin.

Manslaughter at best. The end.

3. 09crue

09crue

sorry,but your facts are just a bit distorted and your calling others on here wanna be's..:rofl:

4. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

If she decides to switch to calling it an accident, there goes the malicious intent required for Murder 2.

Maybe she figured out that there's less money to be made by putting GZ in prison for a few years than there might be from a civil $uit. Remember OJ.

Or maybe all she wants is an apology and a few more T-shirt sales. :whistling:

5. Sendarr

Sendarr

Quite distorted.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I do believe you are short a few facts about licensing in Florida and how it is applicable to Zimmerman's real history. He was carrying legally.

:cool:

7. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

You should give your eyewitness testimony to the authorities.

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    This is a classic tactic in a Civil Suit. There is no "excuse" in an accident, and full liability.

It covers the bases by removing the issue of "justified use of deadly force" or "Intent".

I believe she's focused on the $$$ the civil trial will target.

jmho

9. oldman11

oldman11

You're right Samurai. After 2 months of spewed hatred for whites she is now back pedaling in attempt to disclaim the racial hatred that she showed in the past. I'm sure this is a plot by her attorney's and the special prosecutor to try and make her look good before testifying at the trial. If Zim is acquitted (which he should be), then you will see her start right back with the race card.

10. oldman11

oldman11

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just making this up as you go. Which makes me wonder why you are on this forum.

11. windplex

windplex

interesting!

My first thought was zimmerman can't commentanswer her questions or apolgize do to potential legal charges.

My thought as to the charge is that mob wanted him assisinated or lynched.

the special prosecutor/govoner/obama's minions have kicked the can down the road.

my take is the mob wants him tried and then imprisioned or executed.

so what happens when/if his is found not guilty on this charge? will the mob accept that he was tried in a court of law by a jury of his peers and accept the outcome. or will the mob riot.

my guess is the latter.

12. brickboy240

brickboy240

What if it comes out that Zimmerman DID fire in self defense and that he was being attacked by a 6ft 3in boy?

Zimmerman's life is essentially ruined in this fracas....sad...really.

- brickboy240

13. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

WTH are you talking about?

14. windplex

windplex

you are missing the greater good. it helps obama fire up the base and takes some pressure off of him. stop thinking so selfishly:rofl:

15. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Your observations are on the mark, too. If Zim IS acquitted, then civil unrest becomes probable, in addition to the mother's resurrection of the racial issue.

I offer another conjecture: the Murder Two charge is a legal tactic that may backfire. This case, at THIS moment, has the makings of a jury returning a "compromise" verdict for its own internal reasons. The range of possible verdicts is now (with allowance for my unfamiliarty with Florida law):

Murder Two
    Voluntary Manslaughter
    Involuntary Manslaughter
    Justifiable Homicide
    Not Guilty

A jury trying for a compromise verdict would NOT convict on the top count. The DA is, I believe, seasoned enough to know this. If the DA is hoping for at least a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict, the Murder Two charge would be included to make a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict possible for a desperate jury.

This legal tactic may backfire in public opinion. Zim's supporters will be VERY motivated to assist him in fighting a MURDER charge; this motivation will be financially useful to the defense investigation of the "background" of the deceased. It will also raise the expectations of the Martin advocates; when a lesser verdict (or Acquital) comes back, they will be even more aggravated, since their appetites have been whetted for a true "murder" verdict.

This one is sure to get even messier, unlikely as this may now sound.

16. DOC44

DOC44

17. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

Sharpton slapped them around a bit and got them back on point. She has to keep with the program until time for the civil suits and book/movie deals.

18. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

I think we should all just settle down. GZ and T's mommy will soon each have their own books in a few months. We can read the facts then :)

19. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

I stand corrected in regards to not knowing Floridas licensing for people who have been arrested for DV, which in zimmermans case, IS a fact.

20. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

He wasn't convicted. Lots of people are arrested everyday for a variety of allegations. Are all of those folks automatically guilty?