close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trayvon Martin MAY have been a thug.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MtBaldy, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

2. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

The black panthers are offering a $10,000 bounty for Zimmerman's capture the article says. WOW! If I were Zimmerman, I would be stockpiling on ammo and Nodoz. This is some very interesting information to the case.

3. ray9898

ray9898

I am glad more of the story is coming out. I knew there had to be good reason an arrest was not made. Unfortunatly it is too late to stop the 'outrage train' or for the Police Chief's job.

4. tongix

tongix

This is not gonna end well . Z is a dead man in the eyes of the Panthers. Amazing this is happening in modern times.

5. PrO...

PrO...

I keep hearing people pull the argument in favor of Zimmerman but the bottom line is the kid was unarmed. The real issue is how poorly the police handled the situation and that is a problem. IMHO

6. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

I suspect Zimmerman's vigilante days are over. Anyone know what he actually does for a living?

7. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Being unarmed is meaningless.

8. tongix

tongix

what is the physique of Trayvor. Is this kid of big stature ?

9. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

He wasn't unarmed, he had his fists. Just because he didn't have a gun or a knife doesn't mean that he couldn't kill. If the articles are accurate and he was hitting Zimmerman's head into the ground, that could result in a serious brain injury that could lead to death.

So if someone started punching you in the head and wasn't letting up, you wouldn't try to stop him with your gun because he had no weapon?

10. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Oh, what are the plans of the Black Panthers? I'm sure that just want to see justice.

11. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

This is our media in a feeding frenzy. The SD shooter will never be able to have a normal life again, because the media has miss-represented this so badly, that he's screwed for life. Black Panthers, and thousands of others, want him dead because the story has been so twisted by the media.

Too bad the media can't be sued en' masse.

12. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

You don't have to be armed to easily kill someone. If you are attacked and blindsided from behind, your attacker then has a serious advantage. Also, if your attacker then has the opportunity to get on top of you and pound your head into the pavement, you are at serious risk of being killed quickly. This "kid" from what I heard was 6'3" also.

13. Agonizer

Agonizer .

The person does not have to be armed for you to be justified defending yourself with deadly force.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  14. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

Not quite accurate.
    The "Stand your Ground Law" basically says that IF you use deadly force in a DEFENSIVE manner, you cannot be arrested or prosecuted.

Whether or not 'the kid' (as you called him) was armed. . . or not. . . . has NOTHING to do with the fact that he was shot, according to the law. (As I understand it.)

Now, so that there's no mistake, here. . . I am NOT a lawyer, nor do I profess to be one. And no, I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express, last night.

Just makin' conversation.

15. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Where is ANY evidence the police handled this poorly? There is none. They checked with the city attorney while Zimmerman was in custody (you knew they took him into custody right?) and were told to release him because there was not enough evidence to charge him. The real tragedy, after the leftist media's lynching of Zimmerman, is the police chief lost his job over this.

16. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Meh, attention spans in the USA last the length on a commercial. If Zimmerman can stay out of jail for 6 months nobody will remember past that.

17. voyager4520

voyager4520

Getting suspended from school for having an empty plastic baggy that presumably smelled like marijuana doesn't make him a thug.

Given what's been released in the media, I think Zimmerman was paranoid. Trayvon saw Zimmerman following him and thought Zimmerman might attack him, so Trayvon wrongfully decided to strike first. Both unnecessarily escalated the situation and this is the tragic result.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  18. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

Sorry for the hi-jack, but, is it just me, or, doesn't this guy (the guy that shot 'the kid'), look like Chastity/Chas Bono???????

:dunno:

19. frank4570

frank4570

I thought 'stand your ground' had to do with whether or not you had to retreat if you could.

Shooting somebody while they are on top of you has NOTHING to do with the decision to retreat.

If the laws are still the same in Va, you are obligated to try to retreat if you can before you can use deadly force. Like if somebody confronts you in the parking lot. In Va you must run, in Fl you can stand your ground without fear of arrest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.