Trayvon Martin and the countless lies about him

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunboat1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.&A.M.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3675642/posts

Color me shocked. A supposed documentary about thuglet Trayvon completely obfuscates the known facts, and uses lies and irrelevant imagery to inflame racial passions and perpetuate the false narrative of what happened to him. This is despicable.

The GOOD NEWS? He's still dead, and his last intended victim is a free man.

Call this BS out when you see and hear it. The lie cannot be allowed to become the truth about this incident. Facts are facts, and "black lies matter."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. B C

B C

I wasn't expecting them to tell the truth.

3. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

I expect nothing less from the so-called "entertainment industry." They are totally removed from the average American, don't understand America, don't care about America. Ironically, if they quit making lousy movies that push a leftist narrative, they'd make even more profit. But they do okay anyway, making movies for their ever-shrinking demographic groups.

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

5. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

Truth is, we'll never know what happened in the seconds before TM was shot. We've never gotten but one side of the story.

6. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

7. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

It's my opinion that Zimmerman is still paying for this mistake, made by someone else.

8. JFrame

JFrame

By the same token, one can't deny some of the irrefutable facts regarding the media coverage of the incident at the time -- such as that the only photos they ever seemed to publish of Trayvon were of him as an elementary school kid (instead of the strapping 6-footer he had become), or that the media characterized George Zimmerman as a "White Hispanic."

9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

:agree:

GZ was made out in the media as though he killed a small child.

10. CAcop

CAcop

If TM had lived I think the left would have had to face some uncomfortable issues.

If GZ was still charged what would TM say about the injuries to the back of GZ head?

If GZ was not charged would TM be charged?

Would they both be charged?

11. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

This was Trayvon Martin after his third suspension from school. He was being considered for expulsion:
    [​IMG]

The media never mentions that Zimmerman mentored black teens, worked with the homeless, or that he was an Obama supporter. No, that would ruin the narrative.

12. chandne

chandne

In general, you should not be able to go chase someone and pick a fight and then claim stand-your-ground. I'm afraid this law will change, with the abuse it encourages by vigilantes, and ruin it for people who truly need to use it legitimately.

13. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

I still remember dnCNN calling him a white Hispanic. They did everything they could to make it a black vs white issue. Just like Obama wanted them to.

14. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.&A.M.

We DO know what clear evidence showed and credible testimony stated, and it looks nothing like the version peddled by the perpetual grievance society and mass media. Martin was a criminal, justifiably killed during a felonious assault. Period.

15. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.&A.M.

Zimmerman didn't chase Martin to contact, Martin circled back to attack HIM. And Zimmerman didn't invoke SYG as a defense. More media lies about the incident.

16. PSLFL

PSLFL

Of course, G/ Zimmerman never used Stand your Ground. All Stand your Ground does is remove the requirement to retreat. When you re on your back on the sidewalk you have retreated as far as you can.

17. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

I followed that trial pretty closely. Once I heard Martin's girlfriend testify, I knew Zimmerman would go free. She could have lied so easily and said "The last thing he told me was that he loved his skittles and he loved Jesus as much as me!"

She didn't say anything of the sort, she testified that he knew someone was following him and he was about to take care of business.

Also... it was very strange that "Stand your ground" kept getting so much press surrounding that trial. Zimmerman didn't use that as a defense because it implies there was a method of retreating the scene. Zimmerman could not retreat... he was pinned to the ground getting pummeled by Travon's fists, and getting his head bounced off the concrete in the process.

In hindsight, I can see Travon's side of things... he WAS being followed... and Hell we don't really know... Travon might have been "almost finished" and was about to get up and go home, but Zimmerman having just been jumped and stunned didn't know that or know if he was about to die, so he pulled the trigger and defended himself.

It was just a bad situation all around.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  18. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

An old lawyer once told me “There’s 3 sides to every story: side A, side B and the truth which usually lies somewhere in the middle.”

I’m not saying Zimmerman was wrong for defending his life against that piece of thug garbage but with the “facts” that were presented it seems to me a better choice for GZ would have been the old “observe and report”.

19. davethehiker

davethehiker

I watched the case closely on TV. At one time Zimmerman lived in a neighborhood in Manassas VA that I drove by on my way to work.

According to Zimmerman TM discovered Zimmerman's weapon while he beating Zimmerman's head on the cement walk. They struggled over the gun but Zimmerman managed to get his hand on the grip and trigger. He fired one round at point blank range into TM's heart. TM's last words where something like "You beat me."

I donated to the defense fund that Zimmerman set up and got in trouble for.

I think that poor Zimmerman was driven a bit crazy by the pressure and fame of the trial. He has made some silly mistakes since then.

20. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Perhaps you have forgotten some things about this case. Zimmerman did not chase anyone down trying to pick a fight. He was acting as an observer for a neighborhood watch. He did go against what the police dispatcher advised him to do, but that not a legimate reason to get your head bashed in. Zimmerman was also not the aggressor. Trayvon Martin was. Zimmerman was not accustomed to using violence. Trayvon Martin was. The list could go on but why bother? The final point: Trayvon Martin was shot after he had accosted Zimmerman and was actively trying to cause him (Zimmerman) great bodily harm or death. Zimmerman took a pretty good beating BEFORE defending his life with a firearm. Trayvon Maryin was initially shot while on top of Zimmerman, beating his head into the ground. As the jury found, use of deadly force justified.