close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Travis Mills - please fork over a few bucks more if you can

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by .264 magnum, Apr 18, 2012.

1. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

http://travismills.org/Home_Page.html

The short version is this man stepped on a land mine several days ago. Apparently, he is one of four quadruple amputees from action in Iraq and Afghanistan. The articles and video news stories are amazing and clearly the family will need significant help.

2. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Bump for the afternoon peeps.

3. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

This is so sad. I believe his wife Kelsey Mills is a waitress at La Hacienda Ranch in Frisco. Great lady. I got the news on Tuesday from the Manager there and it was very upsetting.

His life will forever be changed and unfortunately the VA system will probably fail him like they do most vets coming back injured from the front lines.

:steamed:

4. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Yes it's heartbreaking. The guy appears to be a rock - the E-8's story about Mills asking to wear a head set in order to check his men when he was by far the most seriously wounded says a lot. We certainly overuse the term hero but it seems to apply to this man.

5. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

:agree:

I was awarded a Purple Heart and whenever I get down on myself over my problems or whatever it only takes a second to realize that I should be thankful as my injuries are invisible. I could not even imagine losing limbs or be paralyzed for the rest of my life or worse and be one of the countless that never made it back.

My heart goes out to he and his family. I hope I get the honor to meet him when he gets out of Walter Reed.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012