Travis Mcgee Story, by John D MacDonald, with Great Dane dogs?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ALDIS, Aug 28, 2016.

1. ALDIS

ALDIS

We were talking tonight as old folks often do when Travis Mcgee stories walked into our conversation.
    We have read and re-read all the Travis stories and most all of John D's other stories too. Somehow dogs also came into the conversation. Was there a story with Travis entering someone's estate and encountering Great Danes?
    Can some one tell me the title of the story when Travis is chased by Great Dane dogs?
    Thank you.

2. Travelinman

Travelinman Banned

Read all 21 at least twice, some 3 or 4 times. Cannot remember the Great Dane Encounter. I remember him encountering dogs in the dark on a estate. Cannot recall the breed or the novels "Color".

Maybe age creeping up! :supergrin:

3. ALDIS

ALDIS

I believe that is the one. Travis was sneaking around the bad guy's estate when the dogs began chasing him. I think they were Great Danes.

4. Travelinman

Travelinman Banned

The dog encounter may have been in A Deadly Shade of Gold, #5 in the series.
    Part of the plot is set in Mexico with drug smugglers and then precedes to L.A.

5. gunowner1

gunowner1

I believe it was A Deadly Shade of Gold. Long description of the timing needed to basically flip a dog in the air as it leaps at you.