Travelling from SC to Ma

Discussion in 'New England Colonial Club' started by Frost, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Frost

Frost

I live in SC and have a concealed carry permit.
    If I get a nonresident New Hampshire permit will I be able to carry in MA?

What are the rules for carrying a pistol in the car without a permit.

2. lens

lens

Sorry, but NO New England states offer any reciprocity with any other New England states. MA in particular offers NO reciprocity with any other state in the US, and that is the way our AGs like it.

You would need a MA NR LTC. Cost is $100/year and it requires a MA State Police Certificate of training (NRA instructors can get certified to issue these, but no idea who/where/if anyone outside MA is doing this for folks). Process takes 1-3 months to get a MA NR LTC issued.

Unless you are driving THRU MA under FOPA (guns locked in trunk, ammo locked separately), you can't possess ANY guns in MA. MA requires permits for mere possession of any guns/ammo/mags.

3. Frost

Frost

Thats sickening.

4. lens

lens

Believe me, we live with it every day and it's sickening to us too!

5. Frost

Frost

Hard to believe, we have reciprocity with only a few states and I was ticked about that. Compared to MA I should go outside and do the happy dance. I looked up the MA laws and OMFG. What can y'all use to defend yourselves? Sharp sticks?

Who did this to you guys?
    Ted Kennedy?

6. lens

lens

I've only been shooting since 1976 and it's been much like this since at least that time. Got a lot worse in 1998 with mandatory gun locks at all times when not under physical control of licensed person, no carrying of an uncased long gun on a public way, etc.

Ted Kennedy helps screw all of us (US senate). His influence at the state level isn't great as he's never here . . . and we don't want him anyway.

We have more than enough liberal gun grabbers in power in this state. Romney was one of them in his fleeting stay in MA . . . now he wants to do the same thing for the US as president!

7. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

;) more accurate

8. Frost

Frost

Well maybe one day the politicians will wake up and give back your rights.

9. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Guest

MA sucks, PERIOD. I had to jump through hoops to get my class A LTC. I got my NH permit by mailing in 20 bucks and a copy of my LTC. I was in NV last week and you can get whatever you want off a Bass Pro shelf(including a new Glock, Illegal in MA). MA is just a liberal hell hole, AKA Kalifornia east. I will get off my soap box now.