close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Travel distance

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BamaTrooper, Jan 8, 2007.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

What is the longest distance anyone other than the pay for play "pros" have traveled for a match? Just wondering. I just started GSSF in November '06 but am planning on going to Orlando, Pensacola, Conyers, Ft Benning and maybe San Antonio. I guess the bug REALLY bit me.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i go to three that are 2 day trips for me; orlando, pensacola, and st. paul. i guess if i really wnated to push myself i could make them in 1 day. conyers and ft. benning are both a long one day trip.

anderson and lexington shouldn't be out of the question for you and the new LA. match.

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

if i have no conflicts with work i'm going to do it this year. MO then MI. maybe i can meet up with butch and dwight along the way and have dinner together.

5. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

How about 2100 miles each way, 4200 round trip? That was just once, and to be honest, I had to travel to the area anyway. No way I would have driven that far.

Normally, my limit is about a five hour radius from home. I really enjoy GSSF matches. The hardest part is actually getting off your butt and saying "I'm going!"

My plan for 2007 is to watch the "super duper limited time only restrictions may apply" airline emails. Carefull shopping and advance planning may mean flying somewhere cheaper than driving.

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

last year if the job i was on had ended when it was suspose to i was going to shoot the montana match but things didn't work out. that was going to be a 2-3 week rounds trip.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Yep, Ed first time we did it we hit MO first, then MI (Brighton's inaugural match). Last year I think flipping that seemed to work out better. Either way it's a long slog (see file) but shouldn't impede us doing some on-the-fly coord to take a meal together as we cross paths. :supergrin:

:patriot:

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

We travel by auto to San Antonio, Mingus(Dallas), Lexington, KY and they are the longest from our area which is near you.
    We will be shooting Ft. Benning, Mingus, Thibodaux, Andereson, Conyers, Lubbock, Lexington, Pensacola (I'm the club Range Master for this match), San Antonio, Orlando for the 2007-2008 GSSF year.

Dan:cool:

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I was at the Pensacola match in '06. Finished third in Subcompact and won my entry fees back. Now that I know what to expect, I hope to do better. I guess if you can drive that far, it isn't unreasonable for me to make the same trips. I am only an hour west of y'all.:thumbsup:

10. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I made it to Indy, Marietta, Brighton and Lexington, which are only three to five hour trips and then I drove myself to the Conyers match in GA and to Topton, PA. These are from 10-12 drives. I plan to do some long ones, this summer also.