close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

TRANSFER FEES, buying online

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by kgt9000, Feb 15, 2003.

1. kgt9000

kgt9000

I just bought a glock from an e-mail my AF buddy forwarded me. It's been gong around for a couple weeks now. I just picked up glock for 450 (150 less than my dealer wanted) and got it transfered to a differemt dealer for only 20 bicks. I've heard that is good. On of my other buddies paid 50 bucks in Claifornia. They are such woosies in Cali.

Anyhow, here was that e-amil. Anyone esle get it and what are you paying for transfers?

ATTENTION members of the United States Armed Forces,
    active, veteran, reserve, and immediate family members:

We here at TheGunSource believe in supporting our United
    States Armed Forces and, as a part of our duty to our
    country, we are extending an offer to you and your
    immediate families to purchase firearms AT COST.

http://www.thegunsource.com/military.htm <[click here]

Thank you for all your efforts and sacrifices to this
    great country of ours. We truly appreciate your service.

All our best and may God continue to Bless America and the
    United States Military,
    The management and staff of TheGunSource.com

This offer is for all American Armed Forces & family
    members. Please forward this to any of your friends and
    family within the US Armed Forces.

Enjoy the savings and pass them on!

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Didn't we just discuss this email? Hehe, oh well. For the most part FFL transfer fees are about $20 but there are other dealers that charge a higher rate cause they can. If you're the only dealer in like 100 miles, jack up the price and make some money on the deal. They do it unfortunately. There was one dealer here that wanted $25 for the transfer and I laughed at him and walked out. Two blocks down the road for $20. I don't believe in letting a dealer have more than he deserves on any deal. ;I

3. White347LX

White347LX

I used to pay $10 per transfer, then a guy at work got an FFL and he doesn't charge me anything. I send him customers and keep him stocked up with the latest Shotgunnews and he hooks me up!:cool:

4. Aaron S

Aaron S

I finally found a guy here that did it for $20. There are about 4 people in town that will accept a gun and they want 10-20% of the value. Rip-off at its best. :(
    Aaron.

5. 1badmagnum

1badmagnum

I've ordered a few pistols from gunfinder,the price listed does not include the $20 shipping charge but they dont charge a ffl fee.my local dealer charges $35 for guns under $1000,and $50 for guns over $1000.considering I save paying sales tax I dont mind my local dealer making a few dollars.I use gunfinder prices to bring down my local dealer pricing,they will usually match the price,you pay the sales tax but no shipping or ffl fees.take your pick!

6. njl

njl

If the prices I saw on their web site are their "military at cost" prices, I suspect this is either false advertising, or they need to find a better distributor. I've bought new Glocks for less than their prices.

Their prices are good for a dealer, but I doubt they're truely selling anything at cost.

As for transfers, $15-20 is a good deal. Some FFLs will charge a % of the gun's value. Some charge a flat rate. Some will rip you off and charge you sales tax on guns you've purchased from out of state. Always line up your transfer FFL and find out exactly what their fees will be before you make a purchase that'll require a local FFL for the paperwork.

7. xeye

xeye

And the Feds won't issue you an FFl cause they are afraid you will be able to buy stuff wholesale. Nevermind that you would be able to fill out the appropriate paperwork instead of making untrackable private sales.

8. Bruz

Bruz

They are such woosies in Cali. Anyhow, here was that e-amil. Anyone esle get it and what are you paying for transfers?

This California "woosie" pays $25. to his FFL.