Glock Talk banner

Are you prepared for an in-home invasion in your home?

• YES. Too bad for the perp(s)

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • NO. But I should get myself ready

Votes: 4 12.5%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
I couldn't hide in our walk-in closet for 30 minutes. Right or wrong my wife and I would probably engage. Mas Ayoob's videos usually deal with urban/suburban areas. My 10 cents.
You can't hide and just pray they don't find you for sure.

You also don't have to go looking for trouble. Everything in my house is insured, and I'd much rather avoid shooting anybody if I could help it. Plus, I know you understand the tactical advantage of an ambush. (Since they don't know what room you're in, what you're armed with, or what barricade you may have constructed)

Kids change things for sure if that's a consideration though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not to double post, but one thing we haven't talked about (that I saw) are weapons placement.

I know plenty of folks who leave guns "hidden" all over their house, as if burglars who enter the place and start trashing it won't find them. PLEASE don't do this.
- Arming the bad guys is not in your interest
- Carrying a gun yourself is infinitely preferable to leaving weapons all over your house in terms of speed and surety of access.
- If they find the weapons and leave without a confrontation, those weapons will likely be used in a later, subsequent crime.

If you're like me, and your safe is in a common room, have a high quality, super heavy safe and bolt that sucker to the floor. You need something that can't be loaded up and toted out in the time it takes for the robbery to occur. You don't want to have to go on the offense to prevent the safe from being taken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.