trailside or glock conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jethro21, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jethro21

jethro21

ok, i am planning on getting a .22 pistol and don't know whether to pick up a trailside which i am totally in love with or getting a conversion for my glock. can someone give me some sites for glock conversions ( i have a g20 and g30) and also some opinions on the trailside.

thanks
    jethro

2. Ragnar

Ragnar

Get both.

I've got a Trailside. Got it about 6 months after it came on the market.

I like it, but there are some notes about it:

1. Very accurate. I expect that from any moderately priced .22LR pistol.

2. Light. Really fits my hands well and recoil plane is very low to my hands.

3. Very picky on ammo. Not picky as in "jams or won't feed" but picky as in "high velocity shoots like crap". The Trailside was designed for standard velocity ammo - high velocity stuff seems to make the slide cycle too fast or something and accuracy just goes to crap.

Overall, I like mine more than the 2 Ruger mkIIs and 2 Colts I've had.

I am thinking about getting a .22LR conversion for my 17 and 22 though. The Glock conversion kit will allow you to practice with the same trigger, same weight, and same feel as a full-power Glock. That alone is worth the price.

3. vafish

vafish

What is your envisioned purpose for you .22?

If you want a low cost training alternative for your Glock get the conversion kit. It will allow you to practice with the same feel and trigger pull as your Glock (because is is your Glock)

If you are looking for a .22lr woods gun, an informal target gun, or just a good all around .22 I'd say get the trailside (or a ruger or a buckmark)

4. stengun

stengun

Howdy,

I like the Trailside. I've never shot one, but I've held them and have thought about buying one.

I have a Buck Mark w/ over 23,500 rds through it. It's a great pistol!

Paul

5. Hawk45

Hawk45

I have mine for sale here if you are interested:

This is a really nice plinker. Feels very good in the hand, not one of those narrow, thin grips. This was a co-venture with Hammerelli. I keep all my firearms in mint condition. This comes with as it did from the factory (lockable box, manual, mag and proof of accuracy target). I have put about 400 rounds of Federal Gold Medal through it. Functions and looks flawless. It has an integrated scope mount on top of the barrel which comes in real handy for attaching a red dot scope.

Price: $299

Trades considered:
    Quality optics
    .44 Magnum Revolvers
    Savage Centerfire Rifles

Sorry I am not real good with the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157&image=10004375bz.jpg
    http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157&image=10004389az.jpg
    http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157&image=10004390zw.jpg
    http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157&image=10004405vk.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    John
    (Hawk45@cinci.rr.com)

6. William

William Mostly Lurking Millennium Member

I've got both and like what others say, it all depends on what you want the .22 for. My AACK for the G26 is good practice material. The Trailside (6" barrel) is good for accuracy. Lately the Trailside has been eating up more rounds than the AACK kit though. Of the two, I would say AACK is even more picky on ammo than the Trailside. CCI Blazer work well in my AACK kit. Wolf Match ammo is what I use for accuracy. CCI mini mag and Win Dynapoint for general plinking.

Advantage Arms conversion kit (AACK) is the only one I would suggest. My dad has the Ciener conversion for his Kimber. The customer service could be a lot better IMHO.

7. Ragnar

Ragnar

I agree that the AACK is the way to go over the Ciener. I just wish that Advantage would make hi-cap mags for it.

8. A-Rob

A-Rob

I just installed my new AACK on my G17 today, and my brother & I put nearly 300 rounds of Dynapoints through it. The second round was a failure to feed, and not one single failure beyond that. I was very impressed with the accuracy. I don't know if they are all this accurate, but at 15 yards it was neck in neck with my brother's Ruger 22/45 shooting Wildcats. It comes with a warning that Federal ammo won't work with it, but I put 20 rounds of Federal Lightning through it with no problems. Also, SK Standard target ammo worked fine. The fit and finish is very high, better than I expected even after reading the reviews. For my purposes I want to get more practice in with the pistol that I carry, and this will allow me to do that without going broke.

9. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Can standard Glock night sights like Meprolights or Trijicon be added to the AACK?

10. A-Rob

A-Rob

Yes, on the LE model only, not the target model. It comes standard with the factory plastic Glock sights (the cheap adjustable ones)