close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trading my Glock 21 for HK USP 45. Am I mad?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Spartan24, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Spartan24

Spartan24

I like the feel of the HK better than the Glock. I know I am sacrificing 3 rounds going to the HK with no high caps. But ten rounds should be sufficient. I also like the look of the HK over the Glock. Dont get me wrong I like the 21 and all, just i think I like the USP better.

2. vafish

vafish

Let's see,

You're asking in the Glocktalk Bigdawgs club if we think your mad for wanting to get rid of your G21.

YES YOU ARE INSANE.

Actually I don't know why your asking us or what you expected us to say. But it's your money and your hands. Get whatever you like.

3. TEAK

TEAK 1*

if you are trading it outright and not adding cash then go for it. if you dont like the hk then you can sell it buy a new glock and still have some cash left over.

4. Spartan24

Spartan24

My third generation G21 has night sites (Tru Dot) and one FML hi cap. The HK I am getting comes less than 100 rounds fired, 3 10 round mags and I will add $35 cash.

5. TEAK

TEAK 1*

if you really like the hk then go for it. i have one and love it. i still want a 21 though to go with it.

6. nickster

nickster

I sold a 20 and a 30 a while back so's I could buy two HK USPs, a 45c and a 45f. After I shot em for a while it became apparent to me what I had done. I had gotten rid of two great guns so I could have two o.k. guns. I wont list all the superior qualities of the glock because most are subjective (except low bore axis & availability of parts ) but lets just say I fixed the problem. Cost me a bundle but I learned a lesson. Never will I part with my NEW 30 or 20 and good riddance to the HKs. Just my opinion.

7. noway

noway

{if you are trading it outright and not adding cash then go for it. if you dont like the hk then you can sell it buy a new glock and still have some cash left over.

}

My thoughts also. I made the mistake when I had a chance to trade with a few dollars for a 45 USP compact and did not do it.

BTW: The G21 is a better gun overall.

8. Spartan24

Spartan24

I hear this term alot when talking about HK vs. Glocks. What do you guys mean by "high bore axis?" Thanks.

9. vafish

vafish

The distance of the center of the bore above your hand.

A higher bore axis (like the HK has) has more leverage to twist in your hand with recoil. Guns with lower bore axis seem to have less muzzle flip.

10. Rodman

Rodman

i had an HK USP .45 and it was a nice gun. but i just picked up a new Glock 21 from a guy on these boards and i am happy with it than the HK. the HK was accurate and a solid gun, but the DA pull took a lot of practice to be sufficient with it. i like the glock triggers because its the same everytime. plus i shoot 1911s and its much easier to transition from them to a glock then a DA/SA trigger. anyways good luck in your deal. the HKs are nice weapons.

11. Wolfgangamadeus

Wolfgangamadeus

its a personal thing... if you shoot brand a better than brand b, and reliability is the same, then dont wear the Armani Suit if the jc penny special fits better. In my case, I shot the USP 45f better than the spring field 1911, and the glock 17 i was considering (only tried a glock .45 once, but i dont know the model), doesnt mean the other firearms arent damn fine weapons. Try shooting a .45 usp, i think you will be surprised at the mild recoil...makes for easy follow up shots, put a hogue grip on it, and its like cruisin in a caddy. Bore axis is higher than the glock, im guessing this is because the HK is hammer fired, instead of striker fired. I have 4850 rounds through it, no misfeeds or jams, i clean it every 250-300 rounds.

12. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

I just sold a few Glocks to pick up another gun I wanted. I have owned an H&K USP45 for six months and still have it. I love the quality of the H&K, I have Tru Dot night sights on it. Don't get me wrong, I love Glocks too, it's just that I sold them to get what I wanted instead of the H&K or my Sigs.

13. Glock 21

Glock 21

14. lakersfan16

lakersfan16 Hunting is Life

Spartan is a dork, he must be going through a mid-life crisis or something.

15. Tivoli410

Tivoli410

I hope you are joking

If not.. then here is what I have to say

A good pistol is:

- one that is chambered in a man-stopping caliber
    - one that functions reliably
    - one that is accurate enough for intended purposes

Everything else is personal preference and opinions

Glocks (21,30,36) definitly fit the above criteria

But, there are also many others that do as well (USP,1911,SIG,etc.)

Some prefere USP's.. some prefere 1911's.. some prefere SIG's..

Glocks are in no way designed to accomidate personal preferences

They were and are made for cops

Simple, Reliable, Accurate

There are other guns that are just as reliable and are more accurate but the average cop is gonna have to learn more and shoot more to become efficient with it

16. Bamboozled!!!

Bamboozled!!!

The bore axis is higher on the HK, but how many people have noticed increased muzzle rise? I've noticed a difference between my G26 and my Sig 226 (I was very surprised that my 226 actually flips up more with the same ammo).

17. JMag

JMag

No, not mad. Maybe just drooling a bit over something new. Take a deep breath, keep your Glock. Nothing wrong with an HK, however! Heck, buy the HK and KEEP the Glock for that matter!:cool:

18. nickster

nickster

The muzzle flip on my HK 45c was more pronounced than on my Glock mod. 20 10mm and way more than my 30 with the same ammo. One reason I got rid of it.;f

19. Bamboozled!!!

Bamboozled!!!

Thanks Nick, I suspected as much. Has anyone else had similar (or contrary) experiences?

20. Rodman

Rodman

i had a HK .45 compact and i hated it. it was horrible to shoot as far as muzzle flip and actually hurt my hands when shooting it had such sharp recoil. i had it for a week and then sold it. the accuracy was good though just the recoil was bad. i own all .45s and never shot one like this. the fullsize HK is great, very little recoil and good accuracy.