G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FD080705-DFF9-4457-8965-233BF9C2448F.jpeg
3407EFD0-B4E8-4BE7-9D4C-6A469297FD1B.jpeg
9BDFD084-37EC-4D18-AE7C-FF231E9AA699.jpeg
A251AF0F-366F-40C4-93A4-CED8E8BA208A.jpeg
8BBC172C-F33B-4511-BD59-48E51CD5A2A4.jpeg
Had some extra cash to burn and a extra firearm that I rarely use. So I decided about an hour and a half ago to take a visit to one of the many local gun shops in my area and traded my Beretta APX full size 9mm and paid the difference for a Beretta M9A3 in black instead of the fde colorway. Question is did I make the right decision???

Edit: Pics are from when I was leaving the gun store

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Had some extra cash to burn and a extra firearm that I rarely use. So I decided about an hour and a half ago to take a visit to one of the many local gun shops in my area and traded my Beretta APX full size 9mm and paid the difference for a Beretta M9A3 in black instead of the fed colorway. Question is did I make the right decision???
Only you can decide if you made the right decision.
As for me I'd rather have the M9A3 or many other guns over the APX but it has some fans as well.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I would rather have a M9A3 than an APX,just my choice.Pistols sell for many different prices at LGS and this depends on your location.With the pandemic still in full swing,you could probably have gotten more money on a private sale of your APX.I also prefer the black over the sand color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can’t imagine you got much for the APX. They were basically giving them away new recently.
M9A3 was listed at $815 brand new, they bought my APX for $250, I had 4 mags, 2 guid rods, 2 barrels (one threaded) so I pretty much got my M9A3 at the price of a Glock 19 or 17 give or take.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only you can decide if you made the right decision.
As for me I'd rather have the M9A3 or many other guns over the APX but it has some fans as well.
The APX was a nice firearm but that M9A3 just caught my eye, so I had to get it, besides the APX was my least used firearm so I think I did make the right choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would rather have a M9A3 than an APX,just my choice.Pistols sell for many different prices at LGS and this depends on your location.With the pandemic still in full swing,you could probably have gotten more money on a private sale of your APX.I also prefer the black over the sand color.
I definitely like the all black, fde firearms just look like toys to me, but hey some handguns look great in the fde colorway though.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
I have never shot an APX, but I do have many Beretta models. All 92 series pistols. Including the FDE M9A3 and I love it. I have done trigger jobs on all of my other Beretta pistols but the M9A3 didn't need a trigger job. It was sweet right out of the box. I think you will love that pistol too. It is very reliable and accurate and just feels great in the hand. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have never shot an APX, but I do have many Beretta models. All 92 series pistols. Including the FDE M9A3 and I love it. I have done trigger jobs on all of my other Beretta pistols but the M9A3 didn't need a trigger job. It was sweet right out of the box. I think you will love that pistol too. It is very reliable and accurate and just feels great in the hand. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.
Thanks, I haven’t held an M9 since my Army training days.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

Nice. I held one of those a couple months ago, before the madness began, and loved everything but the rail. Just a pet peeve of mine ... I recognize the utility, I know most people want it or it wouldn't be on almost every new handgun made today ... but I want a Beretta 92, I want the Vertec gripframe, but no rail. And as my momma used to say, people in hell want ice water too. Cuz they don't make it that way LOL.

Rail or no though, I'm jelly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice. I held one of those a couple months ago, before the madness began, and loved everything but the rail. Just a pet peeve of mine ... I recognize the utility, I know most people want it or it wouldn't be on almost every new handgun made today ... but I want a Beretta 92, I want the Vertec gripframe, but no rail. And as my momma used to say, people in hell want ice water too. Cuz they don't make it that way LOL.

Rail or no though, I'm jelly.
Honestly I think it could’ve been done without the rail, but hey who knows I might end up putting a light on it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts