Glock Talk banner

Trade your Sigma in for a New S&W SD9 or a SD.40?

Tags
40 cal
1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  ET. 
#1 ·
Is it a better gun than the Sigma? Or is it simply a trigger upgrade with a M&P like slide?
How's the tigger? Still heavy? I understand the whole "front sight, press" but only a tritium front sight???

Don't own one, but for the selling price I'd probably buy a Sig 2022 9mm.

#4 ·
I had a Sigma I bought new, about a year ago. Could not hit the side of a barn, slide was not smooth, just did not care for it.

Traded it for a Glock 34, and have never looked back. Sigma had little resale/trade-in but I now have a model 34 that is awesome.

Took it out yesterday, consistently hit falling plates, smooth feeding, fast cycling...........oh you know the rest of the story.

#5 ·
Bought a sigma in 40 for $250. Good deal I thought.

Took it back after a single range trip. That was the worst pinching trigger I have ever felt in my life. It was painful.

It functioned fine but that trigger hinge has to go.

I would trade it for any model that does not have that trigger hinge. :cool:

#6 ·
I've got a Sigma 9mm and while it's not my favorite gun, I don't see anything wrong with it for what it's made for. Would I trade it for a SD?...I don't see any reason to, so why bother?

If I wanted a Sig I'd buy a Sig, but that's a different question.

#7 ·
I have heard the trigger is still heavy, but a bit less heavy than before. Maybe around 8lbs vs. the 10-12 of the sigma.

The M&P, on the other hand, has probably my favorite stock trigger of any gun I've shot, minus a 1911. It feels about like a SA trigger. I would spend $150 more and get an M&P.

I owned a sigma for about a year. I couldn't hit paper with it half the time.

#8 ·
Shooting a sigma just takes practice, it's just like shooting a keltec p11. Squeeze the trigger till it breaks, don't pull. Practicing with a sigma, probably will improve your accuracy with every other gun. My sigma is very accurate, but yeah it's got a poor trigger.

#9 ·
As a shooter that has owned Sigma's since 1999, I wouldn't trade them for a new version of them. I wouldn't even trade them for a new M&P, and I have one of those in .45 as well.

They are a cheap well built pistol that is reliable.
They have served me well for more than a decade.

I have guns that are a hell of a lot better than the Sigma, yet I still own three Sigmas.

#10 ·
I own a Sigma 40ve. My neighbor owns an M&P 9 with a 5" barrel. I would trade my Sigma to my neighber for his M&P. It is a better gun but costs twice as much.. I don't think he will take me up on that offer. Then again, I still like my Sigma. It has been reliable enough to trust my life with it, although I carry Glocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.