Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XD45 Compact Tactical that I really don't shoot often, but I have a rule that says, "DON'T sell or trade your guns EVER!!!".

I do not see this XD model anywhere and feel that it might be kind of rare. Problem is, I REALLY want a Glock in .45 whether it's a 30SF, 21SF, 36 or whatever.

I guess what I'm asking is....what would you guys do?

TGG

This is the XD45 in question:

·
Build the Wall
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a heartbeat! For a G30, oh yeah.....
I read a thread about bent mags in the XDs. Have you heard about this?

Mine has been fine so far, but I only have about 100 rounds through it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think that would be foolish assuming you like your XD45 Tac. Both fine weapons. I own a G30sf and an XD45c and I would not part with either unless I could have only one for carry (the XD45 tactical is a big gun).

Keep in mind this is Glock Talk and for some folks the very idea of owning anything other than a Glock is equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater. If you posed the same question at xdtalk.com you'd get the opposite response probably to a lesser degree however as it doesn't quite hit the same nerve. A lot of the folks there own both Glocks and XD's and like 'em both.

I think you will regret getting rid of that XD. Think it over carefully.

3K rounds through my XD and no bent mags. I don't know where this stuff comes from.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heck, if had a 30 I'd trade ya! Just save your pennies and get a Glock. 30's can be found used here pretty easily. Plus that is a nice XD.

·
Build the Wall
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that would be foolish assuming you like your XD45 Tac. Both fine weapons. I own a G30sf and an XD45c and I would not part with either unless I could have only one for carry (the XD45 tactical is a big gun).

Keep in mind this is Glock Talk and for some folks the very idea of owning anything other than a Glock is equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater. If you posed the same question at xdtalk.com you'd get the opposite response probably to a lesser degree however as it doesn't quite hit the same nerve. A lot of the folks there own both Glocks and XD's and like 'em both.

I think you will regret getting rid of that XD. Think it over carefully.

3K rounds through my XD and no bent mags. I don't know where this stuff comes from.
I agree, the purists are going to be all for getting rid of the XD, but I ask because I know that there are a lot of "normal" people on GT that can own both Glock and XD and still not burst into flames:rofl:

You are right though - I probably would regret it down the road, that's why I have my rule.

I will weigh my options carefully, but I want a .45 Glock pretty bad - but in OD, NOT black!!!

Thanks for the advice.

·
VCDL
1,612 Posts
I agree, the purists are going to be all for getting rid of the XD, but I ask because I know that there are a lot of "normal" people on GT that can own both Glock and XD and still not burst into flames:rofl:

You are right though - I probably would regret it down the road, that's why I have my rule.

I will weigh my options carefully, but I want a .45 Glock pretty bad - but in OD, NOT black!!!

Thanks for the advice.

I am not a purist...and if you notice my tag line, I only have one Glock.... but I personally am a big Glock 45 fan. My next gun will be a G30 or maybe a G21. I have nothing against XD's. I just don't have one yet.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

Thanks for the advice.
Your are very welcome and I know the feeling. I want an HK45 compact more than anything but I don't have the cash, I have nothing that I am willing to trade so I guess I'll just have to save my quarters. The XD45 (any of the XD45 models) is a fine weapon. Scott Springer of Springer Precision did a phenominal 4# carry trigger job on my XD45c and it shoots like a dream. It would be one of the last guns I would consider selling or trading-in. Hold on to it, shoot it and enjoy it. And get that Glock 30 too while you're at. Two fine guns. Don't let any of these "It's Glock or nothing" fanatics tell you otherwise.

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
I had an xd45C that I traded almost immediately after I got it for a 21sf. It just didn't feel right in my hand. I've not regretted it.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts