close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Trade gone bad

Discussion in 'What Happened To My Want Ads Area?' started by partsman, Feb 26, 2010.

1. partsman

partsman

Who do we contact when there is a problem with a transaction? I have gotten 2 differnt stories from the guy ten days after he was supposed to send the trade out.
    We really need a feedback system because this is the third time I have run across problems in trades. The last trade took almost a month to work out.

2. speedweapon

speedweapon Gort

It shipped on the 23rd.Call me if you need to discuss, Please.
    You have my phone number.
    If you have a fax number I'll fax you copies of the postage reciept and the insurance to your address.

3. partsman

partsman

Like I said I don't want to talk, what is that going to acomplish.
    You lied you said you were sending things out last week, now all of sudden it was this week to send it out if you even sent it.
    What good are any of the receipt going to do me unless they have tracking they are worthless to me, they don't prove anything

In most cases when people agree to a trade people send the things out at the same time, not once you get it.
    This is the only forum I have had trouble on.

4. speedweapon

speedweapon Gort

Please let me know when it arrives. (hopefuilly, for my sake, tomorrow)

5. joe_robi

joe_robi

dont be a sour puss! have a little patience.

6. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Don't blame the forum. I have bought and sold a lot of guns by way of Glock Talk. Ditto for holsters. Ditto for a couple of trouble free trades.
    However, I understand that it's entirely possible that I may eventually get burned. You should too.

7. partsman

partsman

tradeing with somebody there has to be trust, i sent his package when i said i would. waiting to send my package till his arrives and not being honest is my problem......

8. partsman

partsman

i have done 4 transactions on here 3 of them were bad on my end the last time it took 19 days for the guy to send it 26 days for me to get it.
    i was raised to be a man of your word, that doesnt seem to mean much to people anymore.........

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  9. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

I've never had a problem here. But I'm careful. If a poster has a low post count or recent join date I will avoid them or be more careful. With trades, If I posted the ad...I wait for my item to arrive, then send mine out promptly. If it's a member I know well I'll be much more willing to take a risk. I sold something to a long time member one time and shipped before I even recieved payment because I knew the guy was good for it. I love GT's want adds.

10. ronin.45

ronin.45

My understanding of trades is the person who posted the thread is basically the seller whether you are paying him cash or sending a trade item. In either case he would wait for payment before sending the item.

Your situation might not fit this mold but this is my understanding.

11. Bluecard

Bluecard GUNDWG

I've sold and traded many items via GT and have only experienced one problem with a holster trade that ended up in me getting two KimPro mags instead. By no means do I feel it was a reflection of GT. Regardless, buyer beware whenever you do business on the internet.

12. *Klutch*

*Klutch*

I agree completely with this quote.
    If you (the OP) got "burned" several times here on this forum maybe it's not the forum but you that could be causing this to happen. I do agree that if 2 people agree to send at the same time it's BS if one of them waits for the item to arrive, if this is how some people deal here then they should not be. I am a man of my word also and have had many transactions here without a problem, but I also am careful as to whom I deal with to avoid situations like this. The item is on the way sometimes things take a bit longer for whatever reason, we just got 2 feet of snow and I'm waiting on a purchase I made here from last week, it will be here.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  13. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

a trade doesn't mean both people ship at the same time. I think the terms are what is discussed before the deal is done. If you want to get burned then keep shipping stuff before yours are in hand, but discuss your intentions and expectations up front so this sort of post or situation has much less of a chance of happening. Hopefully it went well by now. Nothing beats good communication in a deal, and I have found that I am the only one who works off My time schedule.

14. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

i've had issues with timing myself, fortunately for me bigger incoming than outgoing.

when I was a few days late, I much appreciated the patience of the purchaser, and when it happened to me, I *tried* to exhibit all the patience I had.

folks have other issues besides one trade on the internet, and they assign such things varying degrees of importance.

being right doesn't hurry things any, and maintaining communication is all you can do.

I happen to be waiting the return of an item from what used to be a valued trade pardner, and his value shrinks every day I wait.

It's not that I can't appreciate your attitude, it's that the FIRST chance to do anything about it is the NEXT time.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  15. partsman

partsman

i got the items today.

16. speedweapon

speedweapon Gort

There is a God.

17. cabindriver

cabindriver NRA Life Member

18. JoNxMeMpHiS

JoNxMeMpHiS

speedweapon is a good guy. I've done business with him on another forum and he has good feed back on there as well.

I may not have much weight but I'd vouch for him. Stuff happens.