Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
That’s why I never sell my guns.

I don’t really want to have FBI / ATF / reporters on my doorstep telling me a former firearm of mine was used in crime and executing a search warrant for something that has no relationship to me.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Poorly written or purposely misleading article. Why not show all known transfers?
Why was a warrant served and guns confiscated?
Were all transactions known?
Gun purchased in 2011 from PT Firearms.
Gun sold by original owner in 2015 to owner #2.
Owner #2 sold it to owner #3 shortly after.
Owner #3 refused to answer questions.

That's the known transfers.

Because owner #2 reported selling multiple guns, and had a ledger of gun sales records, I'm pretty sure the ATF is now looking at him as an unlicensed firearms dealer. They seized evidence related to that possible crime with search warrants.

Seller #3 refused to divulge any info about the sale of the handgun that crossed state lines, and ended up in the hands of a repeat felon.

You need an FFL involved to transfer a handgun to an out of state buyer.
You also aren't supposed to sell guns to felons.
I'm guessing besides looking at those 2 potential crimes, the ATF is also looking at buyer #3 as another possible unlicensed firearm dealer.

I also notice the article says buyer #3 has a felony arrest.............. later dismissed. Real unbiased relevant info there.

How many time do you think a handgun would change hands in 7 years?

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
118,714 Posts
The clarification was good.
However the news paper article should have explained it better.
One interesting item though if you should sell a gun don not keep records because the ATF may accuse you of being an unlicensed dealer?
Yeah, I wonder if voluntary bills of sale might become a trap?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Poorly written or purposely misleading article.
How else can those "I FEEL are responsible for Commander Bauer's death" (liberal judges n lawyers) for the release of Shomari Legghette back into society with a known criminal background and history,can direct the focus away from themselves.

·
Premium Member
27,523 Posts
Poorly written. It hints at stuff...
Was it people in business of buying, transporting guns to criminals in another state.??
Or person doing legal sale of personal weapon that later somehow (possibly stolen) was used in crime?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts