Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
None at Costco today except for the expensive PT. I had to buy that because I’m house breaking a stubborn puppy.

There’s been none at most stores I’ve been to lately. What the heck are people doing with it? Seriously wtf people. Just buy what you need. The hoarders are creating an artificial shortage.

Still no clorox/lysol wipes found anywhere.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
The local Sam's Club has had pallets full of their brand PT and TP crammed all over the store for a couple weeks now. Half the shoppers are still leaving with a 45 roll pack of TP. Target usually has at least some TP and PT, probably because the store has been deserted ever since they shut down the in-store Starbucks. Walmart has plenty of PT but little if any TP lately.

For Clorox wipes(or the store brand wipes), Lysol spray, hand sanitizer, etc., I've had about a 50% success rate being one of the first people into Walmart when they open at 7AM. Even with a 1-2 per person limit it's usually gone within an hour or so. A lot of stores are saving that type of stuff for their senior/high risk only shopping times.

·
Registered
21,705 Posts
Ya'll are throwing me a curve ball.

I know what TP is but PT?

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Scored two packages of TP yesterday at Walmart....58 CENTS a package...maybe they were on clearance, don't know, but a month ago they were at $2 a package...best of all, they're 2-ply...

P1090600.JPG

·
Registered
21,705 Posts
Paper towels
Damn!! That didn't even occur to me.

Don't confuse them: your plumbing and sanitation system won't like it.
As of the end of April, I have use more TP to blow my nose than... well, you know. I installed a bidet and TP usage for that has went to nil.

Reactions: fg17

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
You cats should have been hoarding toilet paper, like me, long before the Chinese virus hit. Along with 20 cases of ammo, 50 gallons of water (which wouldn't last long), extra canned food, etc. Not with an ultra-survivalist mentality. Just a common sense acknowledgment that the supply chain can get interrupted.

I have about 400 rolls of toilet paper - almost all of it stashed before the virus. I make no apology for that, because as someone who planned ahead I have not contributed to the current run on toilet paper <pun>. I do have to supply a family of 4, plus 24/7 nurses for my mother-in-law, so I burn through it. But I have enough toilet paper to last a year. I also have 3 cases of N95 masks, also purchased long before the Chinese virus.

So use this an opportunity to start planning ahead. You can't plan for every contingency, but you can cover the basics. And it means you wont have to wipe with the shower curtain.

Here is what Gus Fring thinks about men who stash toilet paper before the virus hits:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8NfHHPMh4

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Scored two packages of TP yesterday at Walmart....58 CENTS a package...maybe they were on clearance, don't know, but a month ago they were at $2 a package...best of all, they're 2-ply...

View attachment 752554
It's been 58 cents here since the shortage/hoarding started like 2 months ago, don't now about before then. Often that's all Walmart has. A friend bought a pack because it was all he could find, said it wasn't worth the 58 cents.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
It's been 58 cents here since the shortage/hoarding started like 2 months ago, don't now about before then. Often that's all Walmart has. A friend bought a pack because it was all he could find, said it wasn't worth the 58 cents.
Oh it's not bad at all, much better than the RV TP they sell in the automotive section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts