Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fear Dli
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm an animal lover, so what?
People are getting on me because I'm riding a bicycle in a charity ride for diabetes and I'm dedicating the ride to my dog.
My dog Sally has diabetes...so if I raise money for the cause, who cares who I'm riding for.
Here's a link to my mutt.
http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=1754092&pg=personal&fr_id=3239

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Why would anyone care who you ride for? Diabetes is diabetes. A cure is a cure.

Lord knows we've benefited enough from medical testing on animals.

I'm considering pledging on your behalf but I'm still trying to get over the nearly $3000 I spent for my dogs cataract surgeries.

Good luck,
John

·
Fear Dli
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GG1917,
I decided against the cataract surgery. The doctor said at her age (13)the surgery might be too much. And she still gets around OK.

And now people are getting on me after seeing the other picture of me in bike shorty-pants. Hey, not bad for someone just a couple of summers shy of 50.
Me and Sally might be getting up there, but we still get-er-done.

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Originally posted by chance3290
Thanks GG1917,
I decided against the cataract surgery. The doctor said at her age (13)the surgery might be too much. And she still gets around OK.

And now people are getting on me after seeing the other picture of me in bike shorty-pants. Hey, not bad for someone just a couple of summers shy of 50.
Me and Sally might be getting up there, but we still get-er-done.
I wouldn't do the cataract surgery at 13 either. My Bailey was only 5 when he got "hereditary" cataracts. Since a bichon frise can easily live 15 to 20 years, I couldn't let him be blind that long. No problems with our other bichon yet.

I'm just 9 days short of 47. You will never catch me in bicycle pants.:alex: :puking:

John

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,581 Posts
Chance, God bless you AND your dog.

Gotglock, you better not come around my gym. I'm 56, and the sight of me in shorts...well, let's just say there are some things you just can't unsee.

·
Fear Dli
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Sir,
I think I gotta change that picture. Poor Sally looks like she's near death, but that's just the way she sleeps. For her age and being blind, she still gets around pretty good. Being mostly Beagle, her nose works better than my eyes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.