close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Totally overwhelmed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mrs. VR, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

Do you ever feel just totally SWAMPED? Not necessarily ALL bad stuff, just...stuff, in general? Things have been so completely, totally, insanely nuts (some good, some pretty bad) around here lately that I barely have time to breathe. I feel like a hamster caught in one of those little wheels, or an ant who keeps trying to move towards a crumb, but some kid keeps putting a stick in front of it, or a...something else that never gets to stop. I've had to REALLY prioritize, and the stuff I've had to let slip I feel like I'm never gonna catch up with, which is really frustrating, cause I'm totally anal, and hate leaving stuff undone. It's unsettling.

Anyway, I'm not depressed or anxious or anything (I mean, more anxious than is NORMAL for me), i'm just...venting. And maybe asking for a little patience on any admin type stuff I've slacked on :embarassed:

2. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

You think you have it bad? So does my Lady. She has some walking issues. Something about having enough metal in her to set off the TSA if she just drives by the air port.
    Here is a email I got today after I talked her down from a melt down.
    OK, I thought it for a second. I better remove that. Mrs. V however has a copy in your email. So, you can kinda see your not alone in being crazy like the rest of us.

Hope things go better for you

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010

3. BAILIFF

BAILIFF Piece Officer

Suck it up. Walk it off. Rub some dirt on it. Man up. Etc.

4. Mrs. VR

I saw it before you deleted it. :supergrin:

chicks dig scars?

:rofl:

5. Mrs. VR

I haven't posted about it out here in the main forums, but we've been having a real health scare with our little guy. That's had to take absolutely top priority, but we still have two other kids, a house, pets, and other mundane,everyday stuff that needs our attention. I know that "this too shall pass".

6. farley45

farley45

7. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Don't forget to take care of yerself too, buddy.

:hugs:

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

BTDT. Sucks. Life just seems very slow and too much work. My little guy was thought to have terminal Meningitis when he was 3 weeks old. That was 3 days that aged the other 4 of us about 5 years. "Sorry your son might die. Let me bring in all of these med students to see him." :shocked:

I'll say a prayer to the G_d of Issac and Jacob for you tonite.

9. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

yup ..

im getting it a bit similar,

just a lot of little things that add together into one large thing ,

always good to have an out , what i generally do is go hunting or fishing or similar,

and at the moment every forest service road is closed, and the lakes are frozen over,

so cant even do that now ..

but it all works out in the end,

10. Smashy

Smashy

11. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

All the best ma'am. If your child is sick this place and all it's problems can have a seat and chill for a while.

12. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Nothing personal or directed at you, but it's awesome when the admins slack on stuff...threads can actually make it to page 2 without getting locked for something retarded.

So, with that being said...worry about real life and get that caught up.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  13. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Mrs. VR, I recommend a long hot soaking bubble bath.

Strictly for medicinal purposes, you understand.

And a medium sized bowl of blueberries, with sugar and cream.

14. JMS

JMS 02

Write a list, for me if I try to remember all the things I have to do I spent more time trying to remember them all then getting them done. When I write it down everything is 'out' of my mind and I can focus on prioritizing and accomplishing what I need to do.

Maybe it works b/c I have ADHD, but it works :wavey: If a fellow MD'r and MOTT can help, let me know.

15. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

I'm thinking you should try a good single-malt scotch. It'll cure what ails ya.

I believe Homer Simpson first spouted the wise words: "Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

16. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Hang in there, pritoritze and don't sweat the small stuff. I have always found that in times of stress people tend to apply the same emphasis to all of their problems, treating the small ones with the same intensity as the big ones. Good luck.

17. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Try getting some Mukta vati and some valium from your doc. They will help you through the times when stress is getting you. Stress and anxiety are the biggest killers today. I hope all is well for you.

18. Historian

Historian NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

Hmmm sounds famiiar...try making some time for yourself. Most things solve themselves on their own if you let them...and take initiative when you need too..be deliberate when you need to be.

Someone mentioned a hot bath. That's fantastic advice for a way to end the day...that and a good book.

Sure...you still have all the problems you had before...but at least you gave yourself 30 minutes for yourself.

19. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

I felt that way the last quarter of last year due to work, family issues and the holiday crunch.

I was right in the middle of a fast track project for a customer and working an honest 100+ hrs/wk. OK - it wasn't just one project but a rollout at all of the customers plants (almost 30 in total spread accross the USA). I had to pull 1-2 all nighters per week just to stay on top of all of the paper work and almost 60 mechanical and electrical contractors and system integration firms.

My phone would start ringing at least an hour or two before most normal folks would start a work day and not stop some nights until mid-night (or later).

My cell phones' batteries were always dead or charging. I was on the phone so long at times that the thing would become blistering hot and was a PITA to hold to your head. Allot of the time I was working 2 phones (1 for contractors and 1 "bat phone" that only my client had the # for).

I couldn't get on top of the voicemail box. I'd be on the phone and get 5-6 messages in my inbox and then before I could get to the end of listening to all of the messages I would have another half dozen or so messages left. It was a literal avelanche of voice mails that left me feeling very PTSD-ey everytime the blasted cell rang and it was constant.

On top of all the work crud, we found out right before Thanksgiving that my mom had lung cancer.

It was a wild ride but like Conan the Barbarian said "that which does not kill you makes you stronger". Well I don't know if that is true because I don't feel like Atlas now, but the project did turn out pretty well on our part.

Things have slowed down a good deal since then. I'd still call myself busier with work than "normal". It sure makes me appreciate normal.

Good Luck it will get better.

20. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Well, having a child with a issue puts it into another place in your life. I hope things turn around for the little one.

I know the saying is. If Momma isn't happy, no one is happy. It true. But, if a child is sick. Everyone isn't happy.

Take care.

Prayers for your family.