close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Total Glock Cleaning

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rich, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Rich

Rich

Hey -

We clean our Glocks after shooting, but who breaks down theirs into all those little pieces (from the frame) and how often???

Best,

Rich;4

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock No California

I only detail strip mine after many many rounds, there really is no need to strip the frame because it doesn't get that dirty.

3. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Never my Glock in to small parts so far, just the Four Main Pieces so far, and I do clean good after each use at the Range.

I clean with MP-Seven Cleaner, and spray the stuff in the Frame real well, and clean with Cotton Swabs, etc. to get all the Black CRUD out, then let it air dry an hour or so.

Than I Oiling & Lubricating, and Reassemble. Seems to work real well for me.

MP-Seven is great Cleaning stuff....;h ;h ;h ;h ;h

4. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

I almost never strip down the frame unless I'm changing a part. The slide though I'll detail strip every 300-400 rounds or so, nothing major just disassemble and run a long Q-tip down the extractor channel and firing pin channel to get the crud out. I'll usually brush the breech with a stainless brush and put it all back together. I just feel better knowing that I do it on a consitent basis. I detail stripped my brother in laws 19 one time and couldn't believe the crud in there. Lots of brass shavings and the like. I know you probably never have to actually do it, but if I'm betting my life on it I like to do it. In fact it's one of the reasons I own a Glock because I can totally tear it down inspect and replace questionable parts without concern. Same with my AR-15. No secrets or special tools needed. I can take it apart with a stiff wooden Q-tip.

MStarmer

5. taildragger

taildragger

I field strip and clean both of my Glocks (21, 26) after trips to the range and decided that I would do a complete disassembly and cleaning after each 1000 rounds. Just did that on my Model 21. The parts that don't usually get cleaned were pretty dirty (I use mostly cheap range ammo that burns like logs in a fireplace), but I saw nothing that was even close to affecting operation. I think it could've easily gone another 1000 rounds. After I clean it next time, I'll decide whether to bump the frequency to every 2000 rounds.

6. gl0ck

gl0ck

MPro7 (www.mp7.com)is great, I agree!

I also use compressed air to blow out all the gunk after spraying on the MPro7 and brushing things down well.