close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Topton, PA Roll Call

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 3, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you are in the area and have never been to the range in Topton, you have missed a real treat. You can correct that shortcoming by attending the GSSF match in two weeks. Sign in and let us know which day you will be there and which Catagories you plan to shoot.

The Topton club may be in need of help, so volunteer to assist if you can spare the time.

Bring your own water and soft drinks. There were none for sale last year.

2. on target

on target

Russ and I will be there on Saturday, let us know what catagories you need us to shoot for the team.

3. Soylent Green

Soylent Green

This will be my first match ever and it will probably be my only match this year due to distance of travel for the remaining ones. That being the case, I am going all out and have entered 3 categories with 3 different Glocks. I am definitely going to just try to have fun and hopefully gain some experience. I plan on being there both days because I doubt I will be able to fit in all 3 categories on Saturday. Major Sub with G30, Sub with G26, and AmCiv with G19.

I am not that good and I don't get to practice very much because of work and kids and wife and blah, blah, blah. So, if anyone out there is nervous about going and being embarrassed, don't worry, your scores will most likely beat mine. :)

See you there.

4. mcginnes

mcginnes Safety Officer Millennium Member

Ruth and I will get to Topton Saturday afternoon, and shoot Sunday. Hopefully we can get together with some GT/Sidearmor folks Saturday after the match.

Ruth says she'll do a free mindmeld on your mags Saturday night (remember, they have to be orange ;) )

P.S. We're still waiting for Ruth, Amy and Glockmom to pick a team name.

5. mdj1

mdj1

I'm gonna' try and get there on Friday nite and shoot early Sat. This is my first match so I want to get the embaressment over with before the masses show up. Havent had alot of time to practice and my local range is gonna be closed till the 18th.

6. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Glockmom and I will be there late Sat, as well and will be shooting Sunday am So who is up for breakfast?,
    Glockmom is still looking for a team ? come on girls.;)

7. GlockMom

GlockMom

Ruth, Amy where are you? Where, oh where can you be? I sent an email. Tell me if you didn't get it. Let's show these guys what we can do. Or at least try to do.

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi Michael and Ruth (aka Ms. Betazoid!)

Nathan, Dan Cignarale & family, and I will be there Sat PM for dinner and some partying then shooting Sunday AM...

THAT MEANS a MIND-MELD PARTY! Can you say Dinna, Brews, Lafta, and general MAYHEM with orange glock mags stuck to our foreheads all night long??

Yes, I would like to study Ruth's technique for the mind-meldy thing... for those of you that might not have the background on what we are talking about, do a search on [perhaps] "Ruth mind-meld" or find the NJ Debriefing thread...

Let's see if we can get together with Sniper and Glockmom too and whoever else would like... Amy and her group? How about 'OnTarget' and Russ Tarabour? Anyone else???

"Red Killians at night, Shooters Delight!"

Any suggestions on hotels?

Regards,
    LoveGlocks

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hello Sniper and GlockMom,

Will you touchdown in time for dinner?

Would be nice to have some festivities Saturday Night with a gang of GT/GSSF people!

Regards,
    LoveGlocks

P.S. - any hotel recommendations?

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Okay, it's worth a review of Ruth's technique for everyone to look forward to Topton!

Here's the thread (pasted below) and the picture (attached) of Ruth (Mrs. McGinnes) in action at 2002 GSSF match in New Jersey:

----
    GSSF Competitor Ruth shows GSSF Match Director Chris Edwards how she gets her 9mm bullets to find their target...

Ruth: "Well Chris, it goes something like this... I put the mag full of 9mm up on my head like this... then I close my eyes and think positive thoughts... it REALLY WORKS FOR ME, honest! ... have you ever tried that?"

Chris Edwards's reply: "Well Ruth, if it works for you, keep on doing it! But don't forget to dry-fire, okay?"

;f;f;f;a;f;f;f

[Ruth, don't kill me... it's all in fun!]

Frank

11. GlockMom

GlockMom

Hello Frank
    We will be in late Saturday night probably after 9:00. We will be staying in Reading at the Econolodge. We will have kids in tow so I don't think we will be able to have many festivities. But I hope we can get together Sunday morning before, during, and/or after the shoot.

That includes you too Amy and Ruth. And anybody else that would like to join us.

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi GlockMom,
    Okay, I guess we'll see you at the range Sunday AM! Perhaps we can shoot through together. Dan will be there with his family too. I did a cursory on hotels and Reading did come up as a place to stay (that's close to the range).

I have not been to Topton for a few years... hope I can still find the range... last time it took me a while (I seem to recall the map in the Glock Report was not too helpful).

Regards,
    Frank

13. GoGlock

GoGlock

I'm planning on shooting Saturday and getting back home before 6pm. With a Friday arrival at an establishment in local Kutztown.
    Mark

14. mcginnes

I'm looking at staying in Reading now, where there happens to be an Outback Steak House. Also, here are a couple of maps that might be more useful than the one from GSSF. I haven't been to that range, so I can't be 100% that this is exactly where it is, but it should help.

Take Care,

15. mcginnes

And a close-up:

16. GlockMom

GlockMom

McGinnes
    Have Ruth e-mail me about Topton so we can pick our team name.
    GlockMom

17. statsman

statsman

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi There Matt! That is a great idea! That's why you make the BIG BUCKS! I'll try to burn a CD before I leave...

Nathan and I will be come into town late on Friday night, RO'ing all day Saturday and shooting Sunday AM.

See you there Matt!

Frank

19. statsman

statsman

That's great - send me an e-mail and I'll email you my cell # - I'm shooting an IPSC match on Sunday at Thurmont, MD so I'll have to leave either Sat. night or Sunday AM early. I won't be shooting as I don't have a Glock here & I don't think Mark is coming down for the match. But I'll help -

20. jumco

jumco

did i miss the gssf match in topton.....what is the date?